Food logging question... again

Options
I need to understand better how it works - meaning if I go over in protein is that bad or good? Confused - help please....

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    most people find that MFP has set your daily intake of protein pertty low. you can change that, from the home page go to goals->change goals->custom, continue->and you can change your protein intake. the rule of thumb is to have 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass. most ppl put the setting at 30%. you need protein to help build, repair, and maintain muscles.

most ppl find it hard to get the right amount of protein unless you are using a protein powder. i recommend you get a decent whey protein powder, and start having a protein shake after your work outs. i like 1-2 scoops of powder with 6-8 ounces of fruit juice, some frozen berries, and a dash of salt, maybe a banana and some yogurt if i'm feeling frisky. it makes a great post-work out drink, and helps ward off the horrible hunger you get an hour after a work out.
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    most people find that MFP has set your daily intake of protein pertty low. you can change that, from the home page go to goals->change goals->custom, continue->and you can change your protein intake. the rule of thumb is to have 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass. most ppl put the setting at 30%. you need protein to help build, repair, and maintain muscles.

most ppl find it hard to get the right amount of protein unless you are using a protein powder. i recommend you get a decent whey protein powder, and start having a protein shake after your work outs. i like 1-2 scoops of powder with 6-8 ounces of fruit juice, some frozen berries, and a dash of salt, maybe a banana and some yogurt if i'm feeling frisky. it makes a great post-work out drink, and helps ward off the horrible hunger you get an hour after a work out.
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hey, you sound like you know what you're doing. i keep getting leg cramps when swimming, is the dash of salt to combat this?
    also i'm doing vibration training and it's recommened to have 500ml of glucose drink before hand, could you enlighten me on this please, thank you
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i have almost no clue what i'm doing. i experiment, a lot of trial and error, and i read and research a lot.

to combat cramps, you need a diet with both potassium and calcium and sodium. try eating more bananas, and some more dariy. the dash of salt in the shake is just because after a work out, your body just craves salt. thats why gatorade tastes so much better after a work out.

and i have no idea what vibration training is.