People being up themselves

Options
Have any of you come by guys who are so up themselves. They give themselves a liitle too much credit. Or you just keep getting werid msgs from them. Like seriously dude this isnt no match making site.

And you see all these girls commenting on their pages, like seriously does he care. You seem to realise that they don't msg back and makes you sad to see that you put so much effort into motivating and supporting them and instead you get nothing.. AHH!!

But on the other side their a sweet and motivating people who just support you throught, instead of freaking you out.

Not trying to be rude and all. Just trying to warn you. LOL :)

Replies

• andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I hate it well people try and 'preach' to you about what you should or shouldn't be doing. We're all individiuals on here and we all have to find our own paths to follow, some taking the fastest route and some of us taking the more scenic route. The important thing is we accept people for who they are and how they choose to do things, n if someone don't like it, they can shove it, ha!!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yes.LOL or..I have came across alot of people that just wants the comments,,,never offer suggestion to people or even acknowledge that you have comment...BUT I found that everyone here are for different reason...Some people just want support and gain the motivation and dont want to provide feedback... (Learned that from deleting pals) they are not as vocal...So its always good to balance your pals out..Its deep for me but alot of people it is just what it is..their logging and fitness site..Nothing more...

I am not hear to see how many pals I can get...and it become hard to support so many...Cause trust they ask for help when they see your progress so that comes with the territory of suggest better eating selections or alternate workout cause they see you in the pics and want you input...

I really like this post...You keep it real...
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love my group of MFP friends. Most of them are here daily supporting, encouraging, and motivating. They offer suggestions that HAVE helped me, particularly the ones who have been doing this for a while. I'm in week 6 now and without the support of my MFP friends, I feel like at times I might have dropped out.

I also see a dietician and share info I get there with my friends. If I start back sliding, I want my friends to call me out on it and see if they can help me with something or if something is going on in my life that has caused me to eat emotionally.

I guess I was lucky with the people who sent me friend requests. I'm not one who has to have a ton of "friends" like it's a popularity contest. I couldn't be a good friend to a large number because I read each and every one of my friends food diaries everyday, their blog posts, answer their questions, etc.

Luckily none of my friends fall into the topic but I do understand how that would be a problem. So I'm not tooting my own horn or being one of those that are full of themselves. I came here with a lotta weight to lose and knowing my personality, I needed people to help me and hopefully then in turn I can help them.