Why are people like this? I mean seriously...

Options
I've recently looked into two different companies (I'm knocking down anyone's company, I'm not giving names!) for a few different things. I "liked" their facebook pages and watched for the sales to come around. I ended up buying from one of the companies but this week I have been utterly disgusted with their sales tactics and their "holier than thou" attitude! One one of the pages, one of the consultants was ranting about those who don't put the money into their health and order their products. Someone commented back and said something along the lines of sorry, I have a family and I can't afford it for all of them but I do go to the store and buy healthy and make my meals. 4 of their reps jumped in the conversation and told him if he doesn't have his health then what does he have. As I said, he did tell them that he made healthy meals at home! Ok so rep number 2) She posted a picture and it was something along the lines of which would you rather have ... Collarbones or Ice Cream Hipbones or Candy... something like that. I responded back that I would like many of them but I am still going to have a treat now and than. She commented back and said some people will never change! Why do SOME of those who sell these healthy products think they are so much better than everyone else?

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If I never had ice cream or candy, I'd be cranky like that, too. :laugh:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    They think they are in some exclusive little club. Also, those places ONLY hire uninformed, misled and big-headed tiny people anyway, whom always think they are better than the rest of us. I know how you feel, I am discriminated for my heavy lifting techniques, just because they feel they can judge me for not doing things like them. ;/
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It's the God complex. When someone gets their lightbulb moment...they want everyone to have the same thing.

Not to say they aren't just totally greedy and trying to use scare tactics to get you to buy their products (buy it now or you'll die a horrible death etc).

I definitely wouldn't buy from anyone who has these qualities.

I have a friend who sells Shakeology. She tried to get me to buy them and I said I couldn't afford them and she was ok with it, and told me if I ever wanted to try them to just look her up. She is ripped and buff and is doing Px902 and could kick me azz but she was like "no biggee...its all good". I would go with her before anyone else!
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    I am a coach for a fitness company. I have no idea why some people are like that guess that's why my sales are down this time of year. I understand that family and bills come first. For some people though it is really only abou tthe amount of money. I say that the most important thing is to get people the information they need to live healthier and happier lifes. Be it through buying programs and products from me or learning to make healthier meals that they can afford. Sorry that you had that experience and I hope it doesn't deter you from trying someone else in the future.