fat on the side of my thighs?

Options
I have lost some of my fat in my thighs, but I have these ugly "fat bumps" on the side of my thighs, why can't i get rid of them? I have tried everything and the just stay there, if they would go down I would actually look good in shorts. Help!

Replies

• mrsxbrightside
    Options
    My mom used to take a soccer ball, lie down, put the ball between her knees, and squeeze together... she did many reps of this, and she walked a lot, too, but her legs used to look like what you described.. after she began walking and doing the thing with the soccer ball, it went away.. it's worth a shot. It takes time, though, you can't just do it for a week and expect results... you'll have to keep at it. My mom has really pretty legs & that's her only secret haha.
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    try lunges & plies squat if you not sure what they are look on youtube great for inner thighs
  • Butrfli
    Options
    I think you are referring to what's called "saddle bags" on each side of the upper outer thigh. I have them too and have had it for years!!! All I could say is to continue excerising that part by lying on the floor and doing side leg lifts with your knee bent and knee straight. That's the only thing I know that helps reduce that stubborn part of fat. I hate it too! I hate to say but once I get down to my ideal weight and I've done everything to get rid of it and it's still there, might just have to resort into some kind help with laser fat removal or liposuction but that will be the last resort. I just hope it leaves or reduces significantly with exercise.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    my mom called them saddle bags.

although we can't really spot reduce, one thing that helps to tone that area is to stand and keeping the knees straight, lift (swing) one leg away from you, to the side, sorta slowly. and back, repeat. like a pendulum. know what i mean?
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    @iamtippicanoe
    like in ballet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ErQKcUju8o

I am actually lucky I suppose, I never even noticed that part of the body before and don't think I ever realized it was a problem.
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Get the Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs video...she will help you work it off.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    The area you are talking about is the saddlebags. Try incorporating Tae Bo into your routine. You will see a difference after a while.
  • klynnwalker4
    Options
    Lots of cardio, squats, lunges. I have those too. Hate them. I'm doing a program now to help get rid of them. I want to wear shorts next summer.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Now that I know what they are I can officially say "DAMN YOU SADDLEBAGS!!!!!!!!!" (Sounds better than "damn you lingering fat on my outer thighs!" lol.) Okay I am going to work harder to fix this problem, Jillian, a soccer ball, more cardio, squats, lunges, and you tube... thanks for all of the advice....oh yeah, and lipo if this all doesn't work, anyway, thanks for all the advice, I will keep ya'll posted on what happens :smile: