icy cups

Options
Does any one know, how many caloires etc, are in icy cups ( thats the little old fashion choc treats with a foil case round ) Ive searched the internet,,, and there is nothing, and also there is no info on the tubs !!! help, as im addicted to them. And would like to know how calories they are LOL .

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    How much does one cup weigh? Should be easy to figure out the calories once you have the weight.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Assuming your talking about factory made chocolates in foil, you will need to google the manufacturer, as all will be different weights/sizes and have different ingredients.

If they are from a candy shop, you will either need to ask them, or guess.

A complete guess would be between 50-150. Which is a huge range, especially if you are popping a half dozen of them in a sitting.
  • Tundra03
    Options
    search Moritz - Icy Squares - Chocolate on mfp and it will come up for you :)
  • SeanMurphy
    Options
    I would guess more than there should be. I recall icy squares (same candy, different format) and I'm pretty sure they're mostly shortening mixed with a little icing sugar, cocoa and mint oil.

There appears to be about 60 calories per icy square, the individually wrapped cube version of the same candy.
  • slicksps
    Options
    A chocolate sweet of the same size is about 50 calories, so I'd take a guess and try that.

They're not the same as Moritz - Icy Squares.

They're made by Hannah's of Scotland but their website isn't working: tomhannahssweets.co.uk
  • kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
  • katround
    Options
    they weigh 3 grams ( ive just been and weighed one ) ! The squares ones are comming up a 60 cal, ( best cut down lol) . i think the round ones are slightly smaller, but if i put down the squares then i can make sure that way ;) thanks for all your help guys x
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    3g seems very little. An individual portion of butter is already 10g!
  • katround
    Options
    ummm, nope def 3 grams ??? they look alot tinyier than the squares, and are no way as big as a square of cadburys ?
  • asyouseefit
    Options
    Then you can probably count them as 3g of milk chocolate. Macros ay not be accurate but you should be on the safe side re calories.