skinny jeans!

hey i was just wondering anyone out there bought or wears skinny jeans! i was wondering wether you have to buy a bigger size because of the way they are made than what i'd wear in bootcut or trousers? anyone out there that can help?

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    I wear the same size usually.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    The last time I bought a pair of jeans... well I bought two. Skinny jeans and regular jeans. The skinny jeans I had to buy a size smaller than the regular...
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    do skinny jeans come in size ginormas?? or would that be called not so skinny jeans
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Yes, I just bought a pair last week. I did not have to buy a bigger size ( in fact, to my surprise I bought one size smaller! ) I have skinny legs. I carry my weight around the middle, not in my thighs.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Just bought skinny jeans yesterday, I got a 9 jr's I usually wear 7-8 in jr's.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    I just bought my first pair of skinny jeans a couple weeks ago from Forever XXI. I'm a 28 waist, and the size 28 jeans fit me (though they only had the "regular" length (32") and I'm a shortie who prefers the 30" inseam). I tried the 27s for fun, but they weren't very flattering.

I find that whether jeans fit me depends on the rise of the jeans. "Ultra low-rise" jeans almost never fit me at all, because I have a full bum. Low- to mid-rise jeans usually work, though sometimes I get a gap in the back. So if you're bottom- or hip-heavy (or even hourglass shaped), you might find you need to size up.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    The last time I bought a pair of jeans... well I bought two. Skinny jeans and regular jeans. The skinny jeans I had to buy a size smaller than the regular...
    When I was thinner, I could wear a smaller size in skinny jeans too. A size 1 in regular jeans was too short, so I would get a 3, but in skinny jeans I could wear a one because of the length.

Now I bet I couldn't even get my foot through some of my old jeans lol. But that's why I'm here!
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    For me and my textbook hourglass figure (which I have a love/hate relationship with!), it definitely depends on the rise. Mid-rise bootcut or straight legs jeans, I'm usually a size 2. But if they're low-rise or skinny jeans, all hell breaks loose and I'm back to a 4 or even 6, depending on the brand.

But size is just a number - buy whatever makes you look good!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I actually have to go a size down in skinny jeans usually as they tend to presume you have bigger thighs that I do.
  • I bought 2 pairs of jeans at the gap yesterday. One pair is more of a flair/trouser and they're a size 0, the others are super skinny and they're a 4...soooo who knows.
  • AMA983
    AMA983 Posts: 28 Member
    I always thought I'd have to size down, because I am a pear shape but I just bought a few pairs of GAP jeans 2 weeks ago. I was barely squeezing into my 10s during the summer, and now I am a proud size 8! I bought an 8 in the perfect boot, always skinny, and curvy fits. I bought a 6 in the long and lean (they run huge, and stretch a lot, because I have never been a size 6 in my life). I also have a pair of size 8 skinnies from Old Navy in the "Diva" cut. I think it all depends on the brand!