Always going a bit over on carbs and protein

Options
Whats the result of going over on carbs and protein I keep doing it ? well this make me gain weight? I never hit the full fat intake for the day? I am confused..:frown:

Replies

• nevertellen34
    Options
    Whats the result of going over on carbs and protein I keep doing it ? well this make me gain weight? I never hit the full fat intake for the day? I am confused..:frown:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It won't make you gain weight. It is important for your health, though, that you have a healthy balance of protein, carbs and fats. Fats do NOT make you fat. They are essential for many bodily functions particularly brain function (think hormones) and the building and rebuilding of cellular material. Try to up your fat intake by adding things like dairy, nuts, seeds, fish, eggs, and poultry, and work towards a balance of your 3 major nutrients.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I used to always go WAY over on carbs, they're my weakness; however I PERSONALLY found that going over on carbs was inhibiting me from losing weight. I have now found after a lot of trial and error how to balance my cals and carbs without going over (although some days i'll go a few over when I "cheat") so from my experience I can tell you that carbs make a difference. I go over on protein quite a bit too but nothing that throws everything out of proportion, I think that's the key - keeping things as proportioned as you can :) From one carb lover to another good luck!
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    I guess thats my weakness carbs. I am only under on my fat intake by a single digit number like 3 to 4 balence is really harder then it sounds. But since I started to monitor my food and excercise not only do I have more energy but my mood is so different plus I sleep so much better,,, so already seeing results there.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I guess thats my weakness carbs. I am only under on my fat intake by a single digit number like 3 to 4 balence is really harder then it sounds. But since I started to monitor my food and excercise not only do I have more energy but my mood is so different plus I sleep so much better,,, so already seeing results there.

in that case, since you're only going over a small amount in carbs and protein and you're just a few under in fat I'd say you're doing fine. For the record everyone is a little different. I LOVE carbs, mostly I eat whole grains but carbs nonetheless. They have never cause my weight loss to suffer, even though some days I go over in the number of them I should have. But like I said, everyone is different, some find that eating less carbs and more fats works for them. But that's the thing, you have to replace carbs with fats if you are going to limit them. Your body needs to get it's energy from somewhere! :flowerforyou:
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    I hear that wieght watchers suggests a tablespoon of oil a day ( sisters on that diet) shes gone down to a size 6 form a 22 in about a year. She mixes her oil in her peanut butter. Perhaps if I am low on fat that could be a way to do it.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    What I've learned from Banks is that carbs are used as fuel, if you are eating more than your body can use as fuel at one sitting then the rest is stored as fat. So for example you eat half of your carb allowance in one sitting chances are what you body doesn't use as fuel is stored as fat. I hope that makes sense.:happy:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Fats and then broken down into Sugars...carbs are nothing more than potential energy, waiting to be burned up... too much means you have an overflow of fuel, your body is efficient and it does not like this so it stores it in fat for later use.

Banks was correct, and the more i hear about this Banks the more i like him...
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Fats and then broken down into Sugars...carbs are nothing more than potential energy, waiting to be burned up... too much means you have an overflow of fuel, your body is efficient and it does not like this so it stores it in fat for later use.

Banks was correct, and the more i hear about this Banks the more i like him...

He's my fitness encyclopedia!:wink: