Healthy Lunch Ideas?

Any suggestions that you guys love?!

Thanks, xoxo

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    bump

I am bored with my oranges, bananas, and turkey sandwiches :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    I love fresh veggies and hummus, the amy's frozen meals are also awesome!!!! And reasonably priced!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    For a frozen dinner, the healthy choice steamers pumpkin ravioli is really good
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Some of my favs:
    ~0% Greek yogurt flavored with cherry sugar-free jello powder and a side of fresh blackberries
    ~low sodium roast beef or turkey sandwich on fiber one bread with mustard
    ~steamed lentils drizzled with olive oil and a toasted whole wheat pita
    ~Naked brand Berry Veggie or Blue machine smoothie (super high in sugar/carbs though)
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    lately it has been 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese mixed with a diced large/medium honeycrisp apple. Sometimes I put a dash of pumpkin spice! Less than 300 calories and very delish!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    I agree fresh vegi's with hummus is amazing. Except I put my fresh vegi's and hummus in a pita. :)
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Salad: baby arugula, baby spinach, mango, strawberries, grapes, shredded carrot, shredded red cabbage, a light balsamic vinaigrette, and then a protein in it (either fat fewer feta, chicken breast, or turkey breast). Its so good and if you like a nutty taste in your salads add a little bit of sunflower seeds. Its ridiculously good and filling :)
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Or if you can make this the day before its great for lunch:

A stir fry- no oil just veggies (red onion, yellow pepper, orange pepper, red pepper, shredded carrot, broccoli, zucchini, shredded cabbage, mushroom, green beans, and snap peas) cook in a wok with hoisin sauce.

I usually add in tofu, but you could do any protein :)

I just eat it as is but you can serve over some brown rice :)
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 164 Member
    I eat a bulked up peanut butter sandwich when I'm running low on groceries.

Whole wheat bread, 2 slices (120 cal)
    Peanut butter, a tablespoon or so, whatever it takes to cover the bread (100 cal)
    Raw almonds, ~23 (160 cal) on the sandwich

Comes to about 380 cals.

For variety I sometimes have:

PB and mozzarella cheese on whole wheat bread
    PB and apple on whole wheat bread
    PB and almonds stuck to slices of apple instead of bread
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Veggies with hummus
    Hard boiled egg
    cottage cheese with hoseraddish and veggies
    cottage cheese with mandrine oranges
    plain greek yogurt with raisins or honey
    Triscut with cheddar cheese
    Trader Joe's pita chips with hummus or Laughing Cow soft swiss
  • becalm
    becalm Posts: 31
    thanks all! got some good ideas (:
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Soup, homemade with tons of whatever veg is around. Tinned tomatoes on toast, BIG salad with sardines or tinned salmon, carrot stick, celery and hummus with cherry tomatoes, wholemeal pitta stuffed with lean turkey, salad, and everything else that others have already mentioned. Enjoy.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    whatever rocks my boat and what is left from the night before? often jacket potatoe and sald. Or wraps with all kind of fillings, just always making sure that there is plenty of fresh stuff in it.
    One of my favourites is a wholewheat tortilla wrap, with sundried tomatoes, bit of low fat laughing cow melting cheese and cut up steak
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Homemade soup!! Once a week I make a stock pot full, divide it up into 2 cups servings so I can just grab it and have no excuse not to eat healthy. I start with unsalted vegetable stock, add rinsed off black beans and a bag of chopped soup veggies. Then I add a tsp of grated parmesan cheese and 18 oyster crackers, with an apple or some fruit. It's so good.
  • tofeelwell
    tofeelwell Posts: 34 Member
    To vary sandwiches or tortilla wraps, I spread some basic or garlic hummus and then a little salsa, pesto, tapenade or similar flavoring to add zip to veggie + protein filler, whatever the choice is that day. A citrus zest would be good too. I do use turkey alot and get tired of it so should vary more with other protein sources. To limit sandwich portion, I use whole wheat english muffins, 100 cal multi-grain slender rolls, or a whole grain tortilla. I usually avoid pita bread as I find it clumsy and messy for a sandwich plus have not found one with a taste that excites me. Enjoying the taste and texture, for me, makes the meal more satisfying..

An alternate lunch can be peanut, almond or other nut butter on celery, romarine lettuce rolls or the like, avoiding the higher calorie count of bread+peanut butter. On lettuce rolls, if you have some nuts or seeds, they can be added to provide more texture.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    A ham sandwich (I don't really like anything on my sandwiches... Just bread and the deli meat for me) and baby carrots. I also eat an apple an hour before lunch and a banana an hour after.

A ham sandwich is not the healthiest thing for you but I figure it beats what I used to have: A cheeseburger with fries and a large coke.

• Agreed!! I ate them every day for about two months:)

Towards the end, I got super lazy and just did a triangle of laughing cow cheese, half an avocado mashed up and 1/4 cup of white beans mashed up on the wrap. Still super yummy!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    I like to do wraps. I have la tortilla wraps, and i put some chicken or black beans with bell peppers, onions, and romaine. a bit of ranch or salsa to make it extra yummy ;)
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    I have been eating deli turkey or ham or chicken in a low carb wrap but instead of mayo or mustard I spread on a wedge of laughing cow light cheese. Of course I pile on some veggies too.