40-something and beyond women w/ a sense of humor (& surviva

Options
Greetings !

Gosh, ever have days that you think "geez, momma never told me ..."

Anyhoo .. seeking some folks who are struggling or have survived the myriad of STUFF that is euphemistically called MidLife Crisis. With humor of course. And grace - well, not so sure about that ! LOL

Most days I want to run away from home and start all over - but not knowing what to pack, where to go or how to get there usually stops me. Oh, and the worry of how to pay the mortgage while gone - GEEZ that darn common-sense practicality !!! :)

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I can't afford to have a mid-life crisis! :ohwell:
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Does the crisis o all the way through your forties or does it tail off at around 45 cos i' m to tired and old to continue having one.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Does the crisis o all the way through your forties or does it tail off at around 45 cos i' m to tired and old to continue having one.

This^^^ that's why I'm working out, so I can keep the crisis coming, lol.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Everyone is diff I"m sure, but 45 - don't count on it ! I"m 48 and I'm knee deep in it !
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I think a mid-life crisis is like returning to high school drama...with saggy boobs and a bad attitude!
  • kvanbenthem
    Options
    Sooo in the middle of it! Recently empty-nested and suddenly noticed that all pictures of myself from the late thirties to this summer (aged 47) looked horrid.. how did I not notice?? So I am trying to get back on track after all these years! I find it slow going- compared to my husband, who seems to lose weight by just thinking about it :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Sooo in the middle of it! Recently empty-nested and suddenly noticed that all pictures of myself from the late thirties to this summer (aged 47) looked horrid.. how did I not notice?? So I am trying to get back on track after all these years! I find it slow going- compared to my husband, who seems to lose weight by just thinking about it :)

Your not horrid:angry:

C'mere ((((hugs))))

Now LOOK again!:flowerforyou:
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Nobody is lookin' horrid ! Perish the thought !

Thanks for the shout outs today - now I know I"m not alone standing out here at the end of my driveway with my sack packed. Finally decided mascara, eye cream and clean undies were definitely needed .... oh, and a toothbrush and my Clarisonic and my emergency stash of almonds (see why I NEVER get anywhere ??? )

Seriously, let's keep on the fitness wagon - I know it has helped me. I"m eating and exercising better than I have since my 20s. I've almost let the stress of work and life take over, but I'm trying my best to carve out some "Jen" time .

Here is to a great week - let's start the psyching up process now : )

J
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I think a mid-life crisis is like returning to high school drama...with saggy boobs and a bad attitude!

Wow! I've got both of those covered but I'm 53. Shouldn't I be past it?
  • kvanbenthem
    Options
    Thanks! I really should stop with those unhelpful thoughts- I would never say that to a friend- right!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Definitely there and I will be 41 in January! Working out is my stress reliever and if I don't work out - I get stressed about that. So hard to keep going during the holidays! Lets keep each other motivated! Venting always helps, lol!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My answer to mid-life crisis = Harley Davidson
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Mine would be an 18 year old pool boy ... but then there is that pesky husband thing...
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options

Mine would be an 18 year old pool boy ... but then there is that pesky husband thing...

I like the pool boy idea. No I love it!!!! Problem with that is I lack a pool and possess a husband.:ohwell:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Just coming out of one (I think). Friend me if you want.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Definately helps LOL
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I like the pool boy idea. No I love it!!!! Problem with that is I lack a pool and possess a husband.:ohwell:

Oh yea- forgot I don't have a pool either... Guess I'm 0 for 2...
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options

Oh yea- forgot I don't have a pool either... Guess I'm 0 for 2...

Oh well....Nice fantasy!