Post-injury running question

Options
Hello runners :) I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where (time-wise) I should go back to in my running (well, jogging) to start after just over 2 weeks off due to a non-running-related ankle injury. The Dr said don't jump back into where I was at but work back up to it again. I didn't think at that time to ask him where I should start. I had been doing 30minute runs comfortably and was working on increasing my pace (was up to 4.1km in 30min). Should I just jog until I can't then walk a bit or should I try a certain week in C25K or?

I had been planning to go on Friday but since I was sick earlier in the week I decided after all to rest (was exhausted), so today is the day :)

Thank you!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing to do is start off walking, then jog and see how it feels. Slowly increase your speed. Yes, it is frustrating to basically have to start all over - but trying to jump back in too quickly will cause a flare up of the injury (which will take you right back out of things).

Slow and steady.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I forgot to mention that I have been walking up to an hour at a time and have had no issues. :)

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I was off 4 weeks for major surgery in July August 1 I started back VERY slowly - like 2 mpm off my usual time, within 2 weeks, I was right back where I left off.