I think adding friends and having motivation is the key...

Options
Hi everyone I'm Gemma, 30 from Liverpool UK.

I've used MFP before but didn't stick at it and I think I know why - friends! I didn't add anyone last time.

I've been back on for a week, adding inspirational people and it has made such a massive difference. I've got a treadmill, got the 30 Day Shred DVD on its way and a set of hand weights too - all in the last few days.

I can't wait to start my training properly. Feel free to add me! You can never have too many friends can you?

Gem x

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Yeah, friends make it happen.
  • Ullora
    Options
    I agree, new to this FP program and want the support :)
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Definitely makes a difference! Its nice to see the support and motivation on my accomplishments each day, and nice to vent and get the words of encouragement!
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hiya - add me if you like - I'm from Birkenhead though! ;-)
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Friends definitly have been key for me. I will add you! It helps me to stay motivated.
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    Hiya - add me if you like - I'm from Birkenhead though! ;-)

Ha ha I'm technically a wool. Hubby is the scouser, I'm originally from Chorley.

Xxx
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    OMG - I live in Adlington now! we've swapped!
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    If your looking for friends im always on MFP :) you can add me :)
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    OMG - I live in Adlington now! we've swapped!

Ha ha ha no way?

I couldn't live in Adlington. The temptation driving past Fredericks ice cream parlour on the way to my folks would be too much!
  • cuthwyn
    Options
    Absolutely agreed. I've always tried to do this stuff on my own previously. I'm deathly allergic to exercise, like food far too much and sit at a desk all day so the odds are not in my favour.

Having a few people on your side has got to help even things out a little. :happy:
  • lizzidrippin
    Options
    I completely agree!! the support on here is awesome!!

1204631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • VeggieFace
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like! Good luck!
  • lizzidrippin
    Options
    OMG i love frefericks!!!!!! i live in preston and it is deffo worth the trip!!!!!!
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    OMG i love frefericks!!!!!! i live in preston and it is deffo worth the trip!!!!!!

Ha no way? I worked in preston most of my life. I thought you looked familiar... Tokyo joes perhaps?!
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Greetings! Welcome back to MFP! Feel free to add me, I'll help motivate you!
  • SilverStar18
    SilverStar18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Gemma! My name is Silvia and I'm definately in the same boat as you were. I'm having a hard time sticking to it because my only friend on here is my sister. I am definately lacking the motivation needed to get back on track!
  • Jugsie23
    Options
    Hi Gemma! My name is Silvia and I'm definately in the same boat as you were. I'm having a hard time sticking to it because my only friend on here is my sister. I am definately lacking the motivation needed to get back on track!

Well i definitely recommend starting a thread on this board, it's really helped me! Xxx