A small milestone...

Options
My DH is one of those men that can eat the house and weigh less afterwards. It's wonderful!:grumble: But, he has high cholesterol. So we switched to 7% fat hamburger like 4 months ago. Then when I started this in Dec. we switched to ground turkey. He complained a bit but, was pretty good about it. About 2 months ago I sent him out to get some hamburger. He got the cheap stuff that has more fat than meat. I have avoided it for 2 months. Financially had to just cook it. We had it in meatloaf last night. He told me he could just taste the fat. that he enjoyed having red meat again, but he NEVER wanted to eat it not lean again. That it was discusting to him. That is was hard for him to eat it with all that fat and grease. I'm so happy. One less "diet" argument over our food.:bigsmile:

Replies

• suprjewels
    Options
    My DH is one of those men that can eat the house and weigh less afterwards. It's wonderful!:grumble: But, he has high cholesterol. So we switched to 7% fat hamburger like 4 months ago. Then when I started this in Dec. we switched to ground turkey. He complained a bit but, was pretty good about it. About 2 months ago I sent him out to get some hamburger. He got the cheap stuff that has more fat than meat. I have avoided it for 2 months. Financially had to just cook it. We had it in meatloaf last night. He told me he could just taste the fat. that he enjoyed having red meat again, but he NEVER wanted to eat it not lean again. That it was discusting to him. That is was hard for him to eat it with all that fat and grease. I'm so happy. One less "diet" argument over our food.:bigsmile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Isn't it great when we finally 'train' them to do something?!?! CONGRATS!!! I had the same prob with my DH and his whole milk! YUCK! It's like drinking cream to me. I finally got him to drink skim after about 4 months of going down from whole to 2% to 1% then finally TADA! SKIM!! MMMM I loves my milk:heart:
  • suprjewels
    Options
    Isn't it great when we finally 'train' them to do something?!?! CONGRATS!!! I had the same prob with my DH and his whole milk! YUCK! It's like drinking cream to me. I finally got him to drink skim after about 4 months of going down from whole to 2% to 1% then finally TADA! SKIM!! MMMM I loves my milk:heart:
    Mine is lactose intolerant. so lucky me, we drink soy milk and it's pretty low on the calories. :laugh:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is great.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    thank you! It truly does make dinner time easier!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!