working out

Options
Can anyone help me out... I was wondering is it a certain time that's best to workout? I asked that because I work shift work sometimes on days and sometimes on nights and I usually go mid day when I am on nights and after 6pm when I work days... Also can you eat before you do a workout and if so how long should you wait before doing a workout afterwards...

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the answer is, "As often as you can!" Or, "Any time is the best time!" I hope so anyway, because I work out throughout the day and sometimes at three am, too!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Personal preference, doesn't matter when you workout and same goes for eating...I prefer to workout in a fasted state but if you feel better having some food in your tummy then go ahead and eat something beforehand....I would wait about 30 - 60 minutes before working out, just to make sure you don't vomit when doing squats or leg press
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is whenever you can fit it in, seriously! I like to eat light before hand, maybe 100-200 calories about an hour beforehand, but that's me ;)
  • brownmami22
    Options
    Thanks guys for the quk responses... NOW THAT'S SUPPORT FOR YA Lol :happy:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Anytime and all the time, whatever works, just get it done!
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've heard that its good to work out in the morning but calories burned is calories burned and that equals to pounds lost. So really I don't think it matters, its whenever is best for you. I used to try to wake up early but I never would since I'm not a morning person and so I just wouldn't work out. So for me, I like working out in the afternoon if I am not working, if I am working then I work out at night. Its all about whats best for you that way you can be consistent.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I always eat a reasonable amount before I go to the gym, if I go hungry I find that I'd much less motivated and also completely drained of energy.
    I once went spinning after forgetting to eat lunch and I was tired after pedaling for 2 minutes and it was terrible.
  • brownmami22
    Options
    Okay I have another question... Does anyone know how the calories, carbs, fat and protein go down after an exercise. I mean i know it decreases the intake but how is it calculated?