How much do YOU workout?

Options
Hey everyone,

I am approaching winter break for school and I was thinking about amping up my normal workout routine. trying to figure what the right amount is and if I can do TOO MUCH.

So the question is what is your weekly workout routine? how much/often do you work out?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Weights 3 times a week for about 40-60 minutes per session.
    Cardio 0-3 times a week for about 30 minutes per session.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Weights 4-6 times per week, session times vary quite a bit, no cardio.
  • digdeep2011
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week, upper body twice a week, lower body twice a week and cardio 6 x a week. Cardio varies I usually do 2-3 spin classes a week and 20 mins on either summit climber or cross trainer on the other days.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Weights on Monday and Friday, heavy cardio on Wednesday.
  • jazzmannca
    Options
    I wake up at 4:30am M-F, drive 13 miles passing at least 3 gyms to go to Full Throttle Fitness where they do adult bootcamp classes. I've been going since June 2011 and I've never once had the same workout. They come up with things that make you shake your head and figure that's too simple to be an exercise. You do the first few and think it's a breeze. Then the reality sets in and by the end you're crying for momma. The classes are 60 minutes long and they utilize every minute. Google bootcamp workouts in your area and if there is one I highly recommend you check it out. Oh and Saturday it's at 8am instead of 5am :-)
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I workout about 4-6 times a week normally. I do at least three days a week of Weights for 30-40 minutes each session and at least 30-45 minutes of cardio on all days I go.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Oops , double post! Sorry!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    45 mins to an hour a day on most days. i should probably take some days off, but then i feel guilty.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit, which is 1 hour including warm up and everything, five days a week. (3 days on, 1 off , 2 days on, one off). In the spring summer and fall I take one day off of crossfit for my long run when it's more than 13 miles (less than that and I just add it in addition to crossfit). I didn't start off this often though- I built up to it. Also, the coaches at my gym do the programming so we are working on different muscle groups rather than sticking with the same ones multiple days in a row. It has a heavy strength focus but definitely mixes it in with cardio! And of course if I'm sore I know to listen to my body and take additional rest days if needed :)

I noticed a MASSIVE difference from when I only went three days a week. I think that everyone needs to start where they are though, and build from there. You also have to find something you like, or you'll never want to go that often!
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6 days a week with cardio every day and weights 3 times per week.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Weights - 5 times a week, Mon-Fri with the weekends off. (around an hour each time)
    No specific cardio workouts, just a lot of walking in my daily life.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    5-6 days a week
    usually cardio kickboxing
    2-3 days a week I add a strength training workout
    2-3 it's abs/or Jillian Michael's Buns&Thighs:)
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I generally work out 6 days a week varying my workouts between treadmill, elliptical, circuit training and classes at my gym (cardio sculpt, weight class, yoga etc)

It works for me :happy:
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i do vinyasa/power yoga in a heated room (mostly 'strength training' with own body as resistance) 2-3x a week - 90 min sessions.
    i also do run/walk combos for cardio 3-4x a week anywhere from 20-45 min sessions.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    3-5 days a week I workout.

Weights-3X a week(1 day upper body, 1 day lower body, and 1 session with my trainer)
    Cardio-2X a week.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Monday - 60 minutes Body Pump
    Tuesday - 45 minutes yoga, 60 minutes walking
    Wednesday - 60 minutes Zumba
    Thursday - 45 minutes yoga, 60 minutes walking
    Friday - Rest Day
    Saturday - 60 minutes yoga, treadmill, if I feel like it
    Sunday - 90 minute run
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I try to workout 6 days a week
    3-4 days I work out on the rower or ride my horse
    2-3 days I do a kettlebell workout
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I do 6 workouts a week, for about an hour to an hour and a half a go.

I'm switching things up a bit this week by doing M/W/F strictly weight training (1 hr) and then T/Th/Saturday will be all-cardio (1 hr-ish). Up until this point I've been doing M/W/F half-weight training/half cardio (run/walk, eliptical) and T/Th/Saturday = cardiofests. Sunday I always use as a rest day (mostly because I have lots of schoolwork due on Sunday nights!)
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:30am M-F, drive 13 miles passing at least 3 gyms to go to Full Throttle Fitness where they do adult bootcamp classes. I've been going since June 2011 and I've never once had the same workout. They come up with things that make you shake your head and figure that's too simple to be an exercise. You do the first few and think it's a breeze. Then the reality sets in and by the end you're crying for momma. The classes are 60 minutes long and they utilize every minute. Google bootcamp workouts in your area and if there is one I highly recommend you check it out. Oh and Saturday it's at 8am instead of 5am :-)

4:30 am!!! Have you lost your mind!!!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I work out most days. I do 2-3 days of hiking with a weighted pack, 2 days of interval training and 2 days of weights. Sometimes if it's ugly outside, I'll do step or cardio equipment in place of one of my hiking days.

I usually work out 45-90 minutes.