Another Noobie

Options
Hello,

This is all new to me as I have never had to diet or workout. I was on the other side of the scale all my life. I grew up with people telling me I looked like I was dying of malnutrition, that I was a walking skeleton and so on. I did not have an eating disorder, I was just very thin and even thought I ate anything I wanted I never could gain weight unitl I hit 50 then it started and it started fast. I went from 115 to 160 in just a few short years. So I sit here today wondering how did this happen! I have taken the steps inthe past few weeks to turn my diet from junk food to healthy and have joined a gym with my daughter who is pushing me and training me because I have no clue.

Yesterday my girlfriends and I booked a trip to Viriginia Beach for the end of May so that gives me 3 1/2 months to get in bathing suit mode. Wish me luck!

Ressy

Replies

• Ressy
    Ressy Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello,

This is all new to me as I have never had to diet or workout. I was on the other side of the scale all my life. I grew up with people telling me I looked like I was dying of malnutrition, that I was a walking skeleton and so on. I did not have an eating disorder, I was just very thin and even thought I ate anything I wanted I never could gain weight unitl I hit 50 then it started and it started fast. I went from 115 to 160 in just a few short years. So I sit here today wondering how did this happen! I have taken the steps inthe past few weeks to turn my diet from junk food to healthy and have joined a gym with my daughter who is pushing me and training me because I have no clue.

Yesterday my girlfriends and I booked a trip to Viriginia Beach for the end of May so that gives me 3 1/2 months to get in bathing suit mode. Wish me luck!

Ressy
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Good luck on your weight loss journey:drinker: Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jaydanna
    Options
    Hi there good luck with your weight loss!!
    Two keys to success which have helped me is to remember:- drink plenty of water and also, eat all of the recommended calories. Do not under eat you won't lose weight!!! x:smile:
  • Ressy
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site, if you don't already. It is so motivational, supportive and helpful. Everyone is nice and friendly here also. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey and you can do this.
  • Ressy
    Options
    Lauramg thanks for the warm welcome, yes I love this site and have suggested the site to some of my firends. This is harder than quitting smoking after almost 40 years, been a month and a half with a cigarette, so I figure if I can do that I can lose the weight. Good luck to you and I will be touching base with you to see how everything is going!

J
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Lauramg thanks for the warm welcome, yes I love this site and have suggested the site to some of my firends. This is harder than quitting smoking after almost 40 years, been a month and a half with a cigarette, so I figure if I can do that I can lose the weight. Good luck to you and I will be touching base with you to see how everything is going!

J

you are so welcome. Yeah quitting smoking is hard, I used to smoke and it was very hard to quit. Yes you can lose weight, If I can do this you can, believe me. You can read my story on my profile if you want to, I have been overweight for so long, since I was in middle school. Thanks and good luck to you.