Shaking after workout?

Options
I had a weird thing happen after my workout today... I did a Tabata sequence on the rower with a 2 min cool down. It's "normal" for me to be a little week in the knees after (it is a 110% effort, after all), but today I had shaking (hands, knees, everything) even after my HR had returned to normal.

I ate breakfast and ate a snack as soon as I felt able to, but it was weird. Is it low blood sugar? Dehydration? or is it just normal?

Replies

• vannessasheane
    vannessasheane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I find that when I push it to the limits, which I try to do everytime I am at the gym, that always happens to me. I always shake, I think that its just from pushing really hard. :)
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's normal or not, but after a really super intense workout, that happens to me too. The first time I did powerpilates, my legs were like wet noodles afterwards !!:laugh:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Most likely dehydration.
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If it happens again check your blood sugar and see if that is causing it. Be sure to drink lots of water before and during.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I noticed since I started doing the 30 day shred I been shaking after each time I do it, but I don't do it after I walk or one of my other work outs. I find I have to push myself harder then normal with the 30 day shred. So I think it has to do with the pushing as well.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I had a weird thing happen after my workout today... I did a Tabata sequence on the rower with a 2 min cool down. It's "normal" for me to be a little week in the knees after (it is a 110% effort, after all), but today I had shaking (hands, knees, everything) even after my HR had returned to normal.

I ate breakfast and ate a snack as soon as I felt able to, but it was weird. Is it low blood sugar? Dehydration? or is it just normal?

Have you even been checked for diabetes? You've said that you have eaten breakfast and a snack as soon as you were able to. Did the food stop the feeling you were having?
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am borderline diabetic (since birth due to pancreatic insufficiency) and track my BS daily. This didn't feel like low blood sugar so much, but I didn't test right after. If it happens again, I'll test to be sure. It felt like muscle exhaustion (like when I do an hour-long high-intensity spinning class... I can barely walk out of the gym!!) but I've never had it effect me all over.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am borderline diabetic (since birth due to pancreatic insufficiency) and track my BS daily. This didn't feel like low blood sugar so much, but I didn't test right after. If it happens again, I'll test to be sure. It felt like muscle exhaustion (like when I do an hour-long high-intensity spinning class... I can barely walk out of the gym!!) but I've never had it effect me all over.

Okay.