sedentary

Options
I have my settings on sedentary because when I started I wasn't doing any exercise worth mentioning on a regular basis . I'm not working atm either so it's general housework and shopping, you know normal life stuff. Occasional walk at the shopping plaza, lol.
I now work out 6 days a week, not always a huge amount but I"m doing it.
So, the question is do I leave it at sedentary still or think about changing it to lightly active.
I'm a little scared of the extra calories.

Replies

• mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would leave it at sedentary and add your work outs under exercise.
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I would leave it as sedentary. You calculate in your calories burned anyway.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I workout religiously, burning 300 to 1000+ calories 6 days a week, but otherwise am a mom and student.

I leave my settings at sedentary and use an HRM to record my calorie burns on workouts. I feel like keeping myself set at sedentary lets me err on the side of caution. If I go over a little bit I don't beat myself up.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I would leave it as is.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I have mine as sedentary since my job is a sit down job. Below that it has how many days and time do you work out.

So depends on how you are most of the day and how much you work out
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Also that made me realize I haven't updated mine there since I work out more then what it says......
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not working outside the home now, but I have it as lightly active. I think of sedentary as Peg Bundy... just sitting on the couch eating bonbons all day. I'm playing with the dog, doing housework, up and down the steps dozens of times a day.... While I'm not as active as I was when I had an on-my-feet-all-day kind of job, I'm more active than when I had a desk job. I also have a decent amount of lean muscle mass, which bumps up my metabolism a bit more than the average woman my age.

Most importantly... are your settings working for you? If so, leave them alone. If not, it wouldn't hurt to tweak them.