FAST FOOD

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    At KFC, the grilled chicken with the skin removed is not too unhealthy. Green beans for the side. Cole slaw isn't great but it's not too bad either.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I hate when your going out with friends, then they go to a fast food restaurant! My friend and I even said we dont want fast food, lets go somewhere healthy, but the boys said no they want KFC. I need to find out whats the best thing you can eat when this kind of thing happens...I ended up having a fillet burger and regular coleslaw instead of what I used to get before trying to lose weight which was an ultimate burger meal or a burger with chips and soft drink, which i suppose is wayyy better but I still felt bad afterwards.

Any ideas?

Yes, grow a pair and tell the "boys" if they want to put poison in their bodies, that they can but you'd rather eat real food and let them do what they do and you do what you do.

What poison?

There are plenty of toxins, poisons, additive, preservatives, pesticides etc that are in a lot of the fast foods we eat. Check out the movie Food Inc...it will open your eyes up to a lot of the nasty things that go into our foods. Of course some people believe these types of movies are propaganda but much of the stuff they say is true. I read recently that the McRib had something like 50 ingredients, just like the McNuggets that are ground up garbage, not actual chicken breast. It's no wonder there is an obesity epidemic in this country, I can vouch for that seeing as I opt for cheap fast food rather than healthy pricey options when I'm on the go. however I am changing that behavior because I now think about all of the nasty things we put into our bodies by simply eating a Mcdonalds or Wendys burger.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I get the chicken fingers with mashed potatoes and gravy a roll and green beans :)
  • Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just like anything else, "fast food" is about choices. My husband went and got us McD's for dinner. He got a burger, and I got a salad. It just takes information and the will to avoid the bad stuff. (The later is where I struggle...)
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I eat taco bell a lot and do ok at it. 1 fresco chicken taco is 150 calories. My favorite is the fresco regular beef taco is also 150 calories. Probably not the healthiest of the options but ok on the calories.
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html Super easy spot to get all the nutritional info on plenty of restaurants, if you are using WW it also tells you the point values
  • laurenjones93
    Options
    Ugh, I eat fast food all the time because it's quick and easy and cheap. If you go out and try to eat healthy it's sooo expensive. My doctor said just choose healthy on fast food. But it's hard and then I don't even feel full. Lordy.