Hostile reply posts?

Options
Nataleenerlou
Nataleenerlou Posts: 13 Member
Ive found just reading a lot of various posts that so many of the replies and responses can be really hostile and flat out rude!? Almost like there are people on here simply looking for an argument. Of course in comparison to the encouraging responses the negative ones are low, but I was really suprised to see how many people seem content to attack another persons input.

Does anybody else notice this?

Replies

• jamesyounce
    jamesyounce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't really gotten on this message board yet, but it happens in every discussion group I've ever been a part of. It's like natural for it to happen? I don't know why.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Yep but you see a similar profile picture in the hostile replies so I'm starting to build up a mental image of who to ignore lol
  • newarkco05
    Options
    I've posted a topic like this before and I got even more rude responses, such as I should know I'm going to get rude responses before posting a question.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I've noticed an excessive of whiney posts lately. It's really a shame so many take the internet serious.
  • 8BaughDad
    8BaughDad Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Its to bad that it happens, with so much positive going on here. What can you do?
  • youcandoitjess
    Options
    Yup. That's why I choose to only reply to comments in a general way. Voicing opinions only really gets you trouble, unfortunately.
  • tikshapatel
    Options
    Really disappointed to hear that! Personally, I haven't seen anything like that but it's sad to hear there are people in this community who are like that... Good thing it's a minority though!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    When I read those, I think: Man, they really need a cookie :). Apparently getting fit and fabulous makes some people cranky.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I've noticed. I've been attacked! I made a comment once about the potato being the devil of foods because it messes your insulin levels for days, and people jumped all over me.
  • tracy287
    Options
    Yah I've noticed that too jeez we are all here to lose weight and become healthier people those people should just go to a debate class or something if they want an argument lol!
  • youcandoitjess
    Options
    Yep but you see a similar profile picture in the hostile replies so I'm starting to build up a mental image of who to ignore lol

^^^ :)
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    If someone wants an opinion, I'm going to say it. That's just the way it goes......

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    If someone wants an opinion, I'm going to say it. That's just the way it goes......

In my experience a lot of people dont ask for opinions -- they simply get attacked. Not to mention, there are polite ways of phrasing things, which will get ones point across just as clearly as being hostile and rude.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yup. That's why I choose to only reply to comments in a general way. Voicing opinions only really gets you trouble, unfortunately.

I totally understand what you mean, but I don't believe you should ever be afraid to voice your opinion dear. be who you are and be proud. there are ppl who died to be who they were you know? and if i am to be fair, i suppose the *kitten* holes are "being who they are" as well. we just have to see past it i guess. i figure they are unhappy or empty on the inside. broken. (or plain immature, but still...we should see past it)

i'm not much for quoting the bible, but i think there is a "turn the other cheek" line in there somewhere.
  • tlilly80
    Options
    It's easy to be rude online when you don't have to look someone in the eye. Likewise...it takes integrity to be polite when you really don't have to be ;) Take the good with the bad and don't let it get you down!
  • Nataleenerlou
    Nataleenerlou Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah I made a comment about carbon biproducts and pop once and I had two people basically call me retarded. You almost wanna give em a banana and tell em to quit with the **** slinging
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    During the holidays people become very unhappy with their own lives to the extent they can't be nice to anyone. Its a shame and sad..

and then, some people just are not happy in their own lives. ever.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have noticed this too. I really hate it when people attack someone for asking a question. No matter how stupid people think the question is, I don't see any reason to get so snarky and belittling about it. I think some people will say things online that they would never say in person, because they don't have to see the consequences of what they say and how they hurt people's feelings. I try really hard to be encouraging and remember that there is a person on the other end of the post.
  • 40Rennie
    Options
    I honestly don't read the negative stuff, its not worth reading. Its actually sad for people to come to this site with negativity because being apart of the overweight population in society, that negativity goes without saying but here where we're all trying to lose weight, maintain our weight or just get our body healthier why would we want to break each other down, if we don't feel that sense of belonging anywhere else we should feel it here. Bottom line don't let anyone else steal your joy. Have a bless evening.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yeah....I am pro spenda/artificial sweetener and when I post on this type of stuff, the anti-artificical sweetener people jump all over me! So now I preface my posts by saying this is only for people who intake artificial sweeteners and I don't want hear anything negative! LOL! That usually keeps them away!