Hello

Options
Hi to you all , I was wandering with a 2000 calorie a day diet is 600 calorie breakfast a bad way to start ?and how should I break it down ?

Replies

• bigjug1967
    Options
    Hi to you all , I was wandering with a 2000 calorie a day diet is 600 calorie breakfast a bad way to start ?and how should I break it down ?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    For me, I'd break it up between a pretty heavy breakfast with some protein and a mid-morning snack.

But that's just me.
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I have allways heard it is better to consume a big bunch of calories in the morning and lesser during the day because your body needs more to get going ..Now im no nutritionist so I dont know.
  • Mollwal
    Options
    Im NOT a nutritionist but spend a lot of time researching this stuff. My brother and I sit and talk about this kind of stuff all the time.
    Very good question....Obviously from " Breakfast being the most important meal of the day" you should eat a good breakfast. But make it a good breakfast. I would say hit a lot of what you need nutrition wise. So, instead of getting 600 calories from a Micky Deez (McDonalds :) ) breakfast meal, make yourself some eggs (whole or whites), whole grain toast with peanut butter (the peanut butter is VERY good for you, energy-wise and whole grain toast is a complex carb so its takes longer to break down, leaving you fuller longer), fruit, oatmeal..whatever.
    But to answer your question and to agree with Viviakay...if you feel hungry in between breakfast and lunch, save some of those calories for a brunch-snack. Do what works best for you. As you start a routine it will become easier to disperse the calories throughout meals. And something that I found is that the more I am watching what I eat, calorie-wise, the better the food that I am eating tastes. I know I can only have a certain amount so I spend more time actually EATING. Chewing more, savouring the flavor more. Oh man, its cool. Keep up the good work, it will pay off and you will feel SOOOOOOO good!
    GOD BLESS!