10 pounds down and gaping at these pictures!

Options
Meraid
Meraid Posts: 148 Member
These are my first pictures up here. When i joined MFP I wasn't entirely committed, but ever since I got braces at the start of November I've been watching what I eat and working out before school with my friend. The first few pounds I brushed off as a scale fluke and water weight."So what, weight fluctuates. I won't believe this until I'm down 10 pounds." And here I am, 9.5 (I say 10 aha!) pounds lighter! I'm happy I took pictures of me at my start weight. And I want to take pictures every 10 pounds. I was eating raisins when I got the pictures side by side and literally, they dropped from my mouth.
I must be sucking in right? Nope, I was making sure I was fully out there. Without further ado... ~
Start weight: 181lbs
DSC05589-1.jpg2011-11-27135624-1.jpg

Current weight: 171.5 (I was 171 a year February.)
DSC05588-1.jpg
2011-11-27135605-1.jpg

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    need to change the IMG to img

I see you got it

Nice job!
  • sheltielover
    sheltielover Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    you are doing fantastic!!!!! great job!
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Keep it going...:)
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!! :-)
  • Brandy0213
    Options
    Good Job! Keeping track on this website and all the encouraging members will help you! You are very young and I am very proud of you for taking control early on so that you don't develope health problems or insecurities... Its hard enough being a teen as it is... just stay focused and do it the right way! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, don't get discouraged if you fall every now and then... We all do... the thing to remember is to get back up there and keep going.... CONGRATULATIONS!
  • nikkih_89
    nikkih_89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are really looking good! Keep up the great work!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Good Job! Keeping track on this website and all the encouraging members will help you! You are very young and I am very proud of you for taking control early on so that you don't develope health problems or insecurities... Its hard enough being a teen as it is... just stay focused and do it the right way! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, don't get discouraged if you fall every now and then... We all do... the thing to remember is to get back up there and keep going.... CONGRATULATIONS!

What she said.

And I bet your spine is much happier with you too. I carry my weight around where yours is, and ouch, I'm paying for it!
  • Meraid
    Options

What she said.

And I bet your spine is much happier with you too. I carry my weight around where yours is, and ouch, I'm paying for it!

Yes! I'm also in dance and posture is everything. In drama its about lengthening the spine and it's all a little hard when you have weight pulling it into a curve.

Thanks a lot guys :) I'm learning to look for foods that are healthy. I was just looking at a box of truffles one day that have 19g of fat and 250 calories per 5! I gawked! and certainly didn't have more than one or two that day. I just know it's going to feel great the farther I get :)
  • Booobarella
    Options

Agree with everything Brandy said!!

You are doing a brilliant job, and it's so great when you can see the results so clearly like that!!

Keep it up Doll, you will be there in no time!! xo
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's a big difference in 10 lbs! Keep it up!!
  • Meraid
    Options
    Thanks :) can't wait until there's a straight line to my toes aha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!