Men: What would you want?

Options
lcchrt
lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
My husband and I have been married for three years... but our anniversary was a week after we had our little girl. Which means we never celebrated and haven't been out since before I was pregnant (because I was so sick) AND on top of that sex has been a barely existent thing in our house with the newborn lol. Anyone with ideas is welcome to offer them up, but I am mainly asking guys:

What would be the perfect 'date night' in this case for you?

I am surprising him Saturday with a night out. He plays football every Sat so I was going to clean house/make his favorite dinner then drop our daughter off at her aunts house. Then what? lol That may seem like stupid question but it's been FOREVER since we have done anything romantic. So should we just stay in? Should we go to a movie or something? I dont even know what people do for dates anymore lol. I did get a new sexy dress and new 'outfit' for fun :) I do remember that part!! lol

Edit: Thanks all! I forgot I also got hima present he's been wanting forever lol. So I think I'll have a beer on the table next to a note that says to take a shower, for when he gets home. Then on the door in the bathroom have a note for him to lay on the bed face down then give him a massage :) Then we can eat and he can get dressed then we'll see where it takes us! And present somewhere in between! He is a good daddy and deserves the best! lol
Anyway... ideas?!?!?!?!

Replies

• James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "I did get a new sexy dress and new 'outfit' for fun :) I do remember that part!!"

That's the important part, all right. Good thinking! Have fun!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I just like to be with my wife. I would be happy with a dinner in, or doing something out. Dressing up is part of the fun.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Try not to spend the entire night talking about the baby. Hard I know but make it about being a couple.
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    house to yourselves?? No reason to go out!!.. unless you can go out and still have the house to yourselves when you get back.. I'm not a big movie date fan, but I think if you set the mood right at home, the night will turn out good no matter what y'all get into .. oh, and sexy dresses / sexy lingerie will definitely help!
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy dinner at a nice restaraunt. One that is kind of quiet so we can talk. After that we like to go to a bar that has a live band. We can have a few drinks and enjoy the music and talk some more. Usually after this we are ready to go home and hop into bed :'}
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Maybe get a movie on DVD and watch it at home? I can imgaine that with a newborn, you're exhausted. It may not sound romantic to some, but a snuggle on the couch with a glass of wine after a nice dinner sounds like what you need. And if the dress inspires you both to take things to the bedroom (or the couch... whatever takes your fancy... lol) then so be it. Just don't put pressure on yourself to be perfect!!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I say skip making his favorite dinner (too much work). Drop off the kid, go out for cocktails, and appetizers early, then go home and gift wrap yourself with the new "for fun" outfit. The best part of getting gifts, is unwrapping them ;-)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I would say a nice dinner out in a nice restaurant with a decent bottle of wine (if you drink ) then home for some cuddling :bigsmile: with a nice lie in as the young one is away. Enjoy
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would greet him at the door when he gets home from work in a pair of heels and not much else. Take some time to "get to know" each other again, then if you want to, fix dinner together in as little as possible and eat by candles then just talk about anything but the baby... but don't get to uptight about how you want the evening to happen, just in case it doesn't. I have found that if I plan too much and it doesn't go exactly as planned I get very disappointed and ruin the evening. Good luck and have fun.
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on what you two are into and what you'd have done before the baby came along...and more importantly what he's into!

Personally - I love surprises and a little element of mystery, so would enjoy a night built around stuff I wasn't expecting, whether that be a rare night out at a restaurant, movie, show, whatever...

Dinner at home always sounds wonderful and romantic but something always seems to get in the way - if you take him out you can manage the distractions (tv, computer, phone calls) and concentrate purely on each other. Plus you don't have to do the cooking or the dishes - huge bonus!

Whatever you choose to do, as you're heading towards the, erm, adult parts of the evening - take the lead - I don't know any guys who'd say 'no' to being jumped by their partners on their anniversary. It makes for a memorable evening!
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    A new gun and then a trip to the range.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Strippers, whiskey, and no questions asked.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I've been married 20 years and always told my wife she's beautiful. I still think that.

The other day she put perfume on and it drove me wild that she'd do that for me.

The fact that she'd do anything just for me makes me crazy for her.

The 24/7 homemaker bit (her choice) is a bit for granted (like me and 'my' role) - stereotypes not implied here, just something that you normally don't do that makes you the 'hot one' being gift-wrapped for him.... that'd do it.

All the best.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've been married 20 years and always told my wife she's beautiful. I still think that.

The other day she put perfume on and it drove me wild that she'd do that for me.

The fact that she'd do anything just for me makes me crazy for her.

The 24/7 homemaker bit (her choice) is a bit for granted (like me and 'my' role) - stereotypes not implied here, just something that you normally don't do that makes you the 'hot one' being gift-wrapped for him.... that'd do it.

All the best.

This is so sweet!!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I say skip making his favorite dinner (too much work). Drop off the kid, go out for cocktails, and appetizers early, then go home and gift wrap yourself with the new "for fun" outfit. The best part of getting gifts, is unwrapping them ;-)

^^^^^^This sounds like a great plan!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Strippers, whiskey, and no questions asked.
    If this could be combined with a new gun, and a trip to the range, THEN she would have something!