Am I losing too fast?

Options
I have been following this plan for 9 days and I have lost 9lbs.
I am 5ft6 and weighed 262lb when I started. I haven't exercised and have been eating 1380 cals a day which should mean I lose 2lb a week.
Am I doing something wrong? I would hate to get ill or slip back because the weight is coming off so easily x

Replies

• nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you've just started cutting back on your calories, you're going to have some speedy losses at the beginning. A few pounds of this is water weight. :D The loss will slow down after a week or two, but for now, I'd just enjoy the numbers and focus on eating those calories in the healthiest way you can!
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ever hear of gift horses
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's most likely water weight that you're losing.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Don't panic, you're just dropping a bit of water
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not complaining. Just wanted to check :-)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When first starting out, it's kind of common to drop a whole bunch of weight very rapidly. Let things stabilize for a month or two and re-evaluate. Once things have leveled out, you want to see something like 1-2 lbs per week.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    What they said!! And, remember this when your weight loss slows down a little bit. Don't lose heart! :smile:
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss I was about the same weight as you were when you started. It's pretty common to lose rapidly at first, especially if you have quite a bit to lose. It will taper off to about 2 lbs a week in a month or so if you're consistent with your eating habits. I believe I lost about 30 lbs in 2.5 months when I first started and then it began to slow.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    enjoy it, I miss those big losses in the begining
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're fine. Think of it as a sign-up bonus!

Be aware that you'll plateau for a while as your body adjusts. After that, the weight loss is far steadier and more predictable.

It does become harder to lose the weight but you get more satisfaction when you've worked really hard to shift a kilo (2.2lb) and it finally moves.