what to do.....

Options
Well I missed breakfast because of an early morning meeting and that also took up my usual workout time and like a dummy I didn't bring any snacks with me so at 12:30 I was starving and the guys on my radio show were going on and on about which fast food places had the best food and I started getting ready to go get a cheeseburger and a coke.... which of course leads to fries and maybe even a little ice cream treat.

Well, instead I stopped at a Paradise bakery and got a salad and a 1/2 sandwich, and even told them no cookie please. Just felt good to eat something that my heart will like, no to mention my hips and not give in to temptation just because I was soooo hungry.

LEsson learned, I forgot to make a lunch for myself when I was packing the kids lunches and almost did something really dumb instead.. I would have been pissed at myself all day if I would have given in, not to mention tired and probably a stomach ache tomorrow.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.............:happy:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Well I missed breakfast because of an early morning meeting and that also took up my usual workout time and like a dummy I didn't bring any snacks with me so at 12:30 I was starving and the guys on my radio show were going on and on about which fast food places had the best food and I started getting ready to go get a cheeseburger and a coke.... which of course leads to fries and maybe even a little ice cream treat.

Well, instead I stopped at a Paradise bakery and got a salad and a 1/2 sandwich, and even told them no cookie please. Just felt good to eat something that my heart will like, no to mention my hips and not give in to temptation just because I was soooo hungry.

LEsson learned, I forgot to make a lunch for myself when I was packing the kids lunches and almost did something really dumb instead.. I would have been pissed at myself all day if I would have given in, not to mention tired and probably a stomach ache tomorrow.

Ahhhhhhhhhh.............:happy:
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Healthy choices can be so hard especially when your mouth starts watering for a burger.....I love burgers. :love: I think I will make them for dinner tonight - sans bun of course. :tongue:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You made an awesome choice.

The other night I had to run to the store after I picked the kids up from school. But by the time we finished it was only a half hour till my daughter had to be back to school. So I took them for a bite to eat at taco bell. (My daughter doesn't eat bread) Normally we would all have oredered something. Instead I ordered her a meal and she shared it with my youngest and my 12 year old ordered one and I took only a few bites. I thought that was pretty good for me.

Here is to good choices.:drinker:
    Nice job!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good Job mnbarnum!
    My little secret...I probably would've gone for the burger but thank goodness I brought my 0 point WW soup!!! Whew!!!

Have a great day!!!
    Angela
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Oh it was tempting. I do love a good burger every now and then, but I had one on Sunday with hubby and the kids and that little voice just started to mentally kick my *kitten* into submission today! One giant leap for the little voice!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Good job! I read somewhere that each time you resist temptation it becomes a little easier to do it the next time. :smile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Can't be...I have 3 kids:laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Can't be...I have 3 kids:laugh:

but will there be a fourth??? :laugh: