OPD - a crazy condition - but does it really exist???

Options
OPD (ONEderland Proximity Dysmorphia) does indeed exist!!

When one reaches about 205 pounds, the proximity to 199 causes a dysmorphic reaction in one's ability to reason, tell time, count days, tally weight or any abilities involving math really.

I even caught myself writing a complaining email to someone, where I said - and I quote - "The first few months I was losing a pound a week and in the last six weeks I've only lost six pounds!"

And this was a complaint that I didn't even realize made no mathematical sense until I was proof-reading it for spelling errors, etc. When I spotted the dysmorphia indicator, I had to giggle at myself.
Anyone under 210 pounds can get OPD but those between 200 and 205 are about twice as likely to get more severe cases of it.

Sadly, there is no cure for OPD other than actually getting on the scale one day and weighing 199 or less!
Good luck to all my friends who may be suffering from OPD. We probably should have a support group, but honestly it's a temporary state, and soon we will spontaneously go into remission from this dread disorder and go on with our lives (and our weight loss!)

xoxo Deedee

Replies

• NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WalkingZero1
    WalkingZero1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I definitly have OPD haha
  • catfisch_6
    catfisch_6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ha! I think I have OPD too! I keep stepping on the scale, like it is going to have moved significantly since yesterday morning. I will be over the moon once I reach that magical 199. :)
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    :D I know exactly what are you talking about. I just went went over the magical fence this week. Keep it up. It is going to happen!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    LOL that was me... and now that I am nearing the 180's I am having it again!!!!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    fairly safe i will not ever suffer from that disease!!