Tea - Help!

Options
Ok, I'm drinking enough water to sink a ship. I've completey given up pop and I can't stand diet pop. But I'm getting kinda tired of just water and would like to add some variety. I've never been a fan of tea. Does anyone have some suggestions on flavors/brands/kinds of tea that a non-tea drinker like me might enjoy? I'm thinking mainly about iced tea to drink during the day. I've ordered some lemon and raspberry flavored splenda to use in my water and thought tea would be a good way to use them too . . . if I can find a kind of tea I can actually get past my lips.

Thanks for your help!!!

Replies

• sweetandstormy
    Options
    Ok, I'm drinking enough water to sink a ship. I've completey given up pop and I can't stand diet pop. But I'm getting kinda tired of just water and would like to add some variety. I've never been a fan of tea. Does anyone have some suggestions on flavors/brands/kinds of tea that a non-tea drinker like me might enjoy? I'm thinking mainly about iced tea to drink during the day. I've ordered some lemon and raspberry flavored splenda to use in my water and thought tea would be a good way to use them too . . . if I can find a kind of tea I can actually get past my lips.

Thanks for your help!!!
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm not a tea person either and I hate plain water so I've been using Crystal Light in my water.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would skip the splenda if you can.

Try Celestial Seasons, Raspberry or Lemon Zinger.

As an Iced Tea, I heat about 1 1/2 qt water just until I see bubbles forming in the pot. (This maximizes oxygen for a better brew) Then I add 4 or 5 tea bags. Remove from heat and cover for 5-10 minutes. I like mine strong, so I go the full 10 minutes. Let it cool for a bit and then pour over ice. It makes about 2 quarts.

Be prepared...there is something about Hibiscus that is a mild diuretic.

Even my kids like this kind of tea.

Good Luck.

If that doesn't work, of course there is the old stand by of adding fresh lemon to your water.:drinker:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I actually add about 6 oz of Arizona's diet green tea to my 24 ounce cup of water to give it some flavor. I don't like super sweet stuff so this works for me. Try making a big batch of fruit flavored herbal tea and keep it in the fridge. Add Splenda and you've got a sweetened yummy alternative to water!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Here's a post that was made just before yours: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/40670-sprucing-up-your-water
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Thanks for your help!!!

I hate diet soda's as well but have your tried diet dr pepper or coke zero-- Those are the ONLY no calorie soda's I will drink--

As for tea I am a sweet tea fanatic and that is something I had to back away from because in the south Sweet tea is SWEEEEEET!!! and sugar turns into fat.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    there are several I like:

Mighty leaf chamomile orange
    Numi dry desert lime
    celestial seasonings peppermint, and sleepytime
    sportea--great thirst quencher
    the only black tea I drink is assam, wonderful with a little sugar and milk.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the tea.... but those babies are just too gorgeous for me not to have posted this! :flowerforyou:
  • mRina66
    Options
    Hi! i love tea. However drinking it allthe time does get boring so here is what i do.

I add cut up strawberries to regular cup while the teabag is in there and mush em together than I add water. This actually makes the tea taste like strawberries! its sooooo goood!! try it out tell me what u think.

p.s i also add truvia fro sweetness.