Does ("caffeine free") herbal tea count as water intake, or

Options
2»

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    nevermind, i'm too tired to be posting on the internet today

Before you edited your post, i was wondering the same thing.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    does it have water in it?

then yes.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    you do whatever you like, bless your little heart.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OMG....WHAT is it with these 2 year old necromanced threads?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Ugh, I wish I would remember to check the dates!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    What I have learned is that once water has been mixed with any foreign ingredient, your body no longer can separate, absorb and use the water. It simply flushes it out. It might quench your immediate thirst but it wont hydrate your organs which is waters main purpose.

That being said, anytime you eat fresh fruits or vegetables, your body separates the water from the pulp and uses that water. If you juice or cook your fruits and vegetables it combines the water with the pulp and your body can no longer use that water and it can only use a portion of its nutrients. Therefore, if you eat a thick slice of watermelon that could be counted in your diary for calories, but also as a glass of water.

I suggest going back to wherever you learned this and asking for your money back. It is completely untrue.
  • shalomabeth
    shalomabeth Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i drink lemon and ginger yogi tea and do count it as water
  • SaiSrini
    SaiSrini Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As long as the drink does not contain caffeine (caffeine dehydrates!) and other added ingredients like milk/creamer, it should count towards your water intake.

I made herbal tea flavored water and enjoy drinking it. I make a glass of herbal tea (naturally decaffeinated) and mix it in cold water and then bottle it up in 20oz amounts. Basically, I am flavoring my water with herbal tea. Its fantastic and keeps me away from drinking the plain ol' water which is so uninteresting to drink when you don't really crave water (water tastes good only when you are thirsty).
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Ugh, I wish I would remember to check the dates!

It keeps happening!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    GAWD darnit, I thought we had a new what counts as water thread to ridicule.

I despise you thread necromancers...
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    What I have learned is that once water has been mixed with any foreign ingredient, your body no longer can separate, absorb and use the water. It simply flushes it out. It might quench your immediate thirst but it wont hydrate your organs which is waters main purpose.

That being said, anytime you eat fresh fruits or vegetables, your body separates the water from the pulp and uses that water. If you juice or cook your fruits and vegetables it combines the water with the pulp and your body can no longer use that water and it can only use a portion of its nutrients. Therefore, if you eat a thick slice of watermelon that could be counted in your diary for calories, but also as a glass of water.

What a load of BS. Do you only drink distilled water? Tap and bottled water both have dissolved minerals in them, and according to you, any "foreign ingredient" in the water makes our body unable to use the water.