carbs!!!

Options
what other things besides eggs can you have for breakfast that does not have any carbs in it... im a huge cereal junkie so my idea for breakfast is a nice cold bowl of the suggery sweet stuff

what do yall recomend?

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    bananas or any kind of fruits and yogurt
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    steak

bacon

ham

lox
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, trail mix...
    Is there a reason you're cutting out carbs? In moderation, there's nothing wrong with them! Weight loss is all about caloric deficit.
  • Acg67
    Options

pretty sure bananas and fruits are chock full of carbs
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Only one word: BACON!!

Seriously though, cheese is a good option too.. non-sweetened yogurt (very low carb).. I'm sure there is more but those would be my favourites.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

pretty sure bananas and fruits are chock full of carbs

Yogurt has a fair amount too.
  • chrisanglin
    Options
    because carbs are like my favorite flavor or something ... i have not gone a day without going over my goal and i need to find some way to fix that... so i figure change my worst meal or the day (breakfast)
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Go by the structure set up of MFP and exercise. You will find you do not need to cut out carbs. If you want lasting weight loss then it has got to be thought of as healthy eating changes. Otherwise you will gain it all back and then some. I have been on every diet in this world. For years I have been told this. Now I am living the advice and I feel happier and healthier then I ever have in my adult life. Trust me I was the laziest person I knew and hated exercise. Now I crave it and need it for the balance and the endorphins it releases in my brain makes me feel so much better and energized! :smile:
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Cheese is crazy high in fat, though. (unless you all have special low-fat cheese or something, I guess!)
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie made of unsweetened almond milk, non fat greek yogurt, 4 frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup of blueberries. I know this has carbs in it but it has more protein than carbs. You want to have your carbs in the morning anyways. Save the "no carb meals" for lter in the day.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Cheese is crazy high in fat, though. (unless you all have special low-fat cheese or something, I guess!)

I'm not worried about that. If you stay within your calorie goals you'll still lose weight. And you need fat in your day.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    look up for 'FAT FLUSH DIET" - you will find everything you need to know there. Good luck.

Protein powder - add strawberies and water and blend:)
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    If you go "hard core" Atkins, breakfast pretty much sucks except for eggs with veggies ... unless, of course, you're willing to fill up on meat for breakfast. I've done Atkins. I lost weight/size. I hated Atkins ... therefore I gained the weight and size back. Carbs are not evil. Fruit is not evil. There are plenty of ways to keep your carbs low if that's the route you choose, but getting rid of them altogether is not necessary (my opinion of course).

I do, however, wish you the best of luck if you decide to stick with it!
  • RonSwanson66
    Options
    You want to have your carbs in the morning anyways. Save the "no carb meals" for lter in the day.

Why do you think this matters?
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    omelettes! cheese bacon mushrooms peppers spinach broccoli the possibiltys are endless!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I'm not worried about that. If you stay within your calorie goals you'll still lose weight. And you need fat in your day.

Exactly. Fat is good for you.Your body needs it for several functions. An essential macro
  • Acg67
    Options
    You want to have your carbs in the morning anyways. Save the "no carb meals" for lter in the day.

dude if you eat carbs after 4pm EST they turn right to fat, so at least west coasters have till 8pm to eat carbs
  • RonSwanson66
    Options

dude if you eat carbs after 4pm EST they turn right to fat, so at least west coasters have till 8pm to eat carbs

What about Daylight Savings?
  • Acg67
    Options

What about Daylight Savings?

spring forward, fall back, so in the fall you get like an extra hr to eat carbs
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Eggs, meat, fish, shellfish, poultry, bacon, cottage cheese. Vegetables and fruit do have carbs, but are important (in moderation) in our diets. Beans like refried beans and lentils are good sources of protein and lower in carbs then some others I believe.