Possibly the best NSV of all!

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
I got several compliments this weekend from my family that made my day, but this probably was the best of all. A couple of years ago, my mom bought me a book called the Self-Esteem Companion. I did a few pages of it and put it away. Well I brought it back up to school with me today and I just opened it and on the first page is a quiz to assess your self-esteem. Beside it, I had written in answers I'd done a year or two ago.

Several of my answers have changed. I'd written that I would rather stay in than go out...not true anymore (mostly). I'd written that I dress conservatively...not true anymore. I just bought a bright blue flannel shirt this weekend that I am crazy about, and I now buy more patterns, etc. I'd written that I don't take risks. To some extent, that is still a little true, but I have become more brave and I just went on my first date ever a week ago! I would have never gone out on a date before I'd lost weight. Nothing came of it but it made me realize how far I have come. I've been more talkative with guys in general, and I think I am coming out of my shell. My friend said the other day that I have "blossomed" and I now I know what she meant.

I have to thank all of you on MFP for the support! I said this was the best NSV because it means that I have lost weight and gained my life and some confidence back. Looking back, I wasn't happy at all, and now I am moving toward the person I want to be. I haven't been on MFP for a long time, but it means a lot to me to know that others are going through this same journey as me.

I still have a ways to go, I am not 100% there physically or emotionally, but this makes me want to keep going.

Replies

• Buzzingaa
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Woooooooot!!!

:tongue:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    that's so awesome! keep it up!!!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    That made for some great reading! You should be so proud of what you have acheived, and look forward to all that your new future holds!! :flowerforyou:
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful...I wish you luck on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! thats sooooo awesome! there is nothing more amazing than self confidence....you have come along way...congratulations! p.s....how was the date?? :)
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    All of those things are awesome :) Way to go and keep it up :)
    You got this!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Sounds so much like me!
  • chiefinkorea
    Options
    Great stuff. Well done!!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    that's a really great nsv! fantastic to see you realising how far youve come in more ways than one. as someone who was pretty shy and lonely in highschool, i can see wat a great victory that would be. and good on you for going on your first date i hope it went well! I'm sure the rest of your journey will go well and you will be where you want in no time. xo
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! I'm glad others see more positive changes in you, but more so that You see the changes. What a great surprise in an unexpected place, hope you enjoy the rest of the book as well. You have gone through a lot, and worked so hard, you better feel amazing!!!!!
  • Herownself
    Herownself Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This brought tears to my eyes. Congrats and keep going you are so brave.
  • Saskenn
    Saskenn Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yaay you're starting to enjoy life, good for you!
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This an awesome story, at least you have figured this out when you are 21 and not in your 40's or older. Best of luck to you and your journey through life...make it an exciting journey...enjoy it.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for your kind words! it means a lot to me! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!