Protein

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
If I ever go over for the day it always seems to be in Protein. I feel like I can only eat the tiniest amount of meat once per day to stay within my goal.

I am having a small chicken Fajita for lunch (using 1/3 of a small chicken breast) and for tonight I am slow cooking a lean round roast, but even if I only have 3 oz I am still over for the day :(

Do a lot of you go over too? If you don't do you feel deprived? Is Protein really a big deal to go over on as it makes you feel more full? I am not eating a lot by any means, I am actually still under on calories by 420 for the day (I will make this up with healthy snacks throughout the day).

Thanks in advance for your input :)

Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    If I ever go over for the day it always seems to be in Protein. I feel like I can only eat the tiniest amount of meat once per day to stay within my goal.

I am having a small chicken Fajita for lunch (using 1/3 of a small chicken breast) and for tonight I am slow cooking a lean round roast, but even if I only have 3 oz I am still over for the day :(

Do a lot of you go over too? If you don't do you feel deprived? Is Protein really a big deal to go over on as it makes you feel more full? I am not eating a lot by any means, I am actually still under on calories by 420 for the day (I will make this up with healthy snacks throughout the day).

Thanks in advance for your input :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    In regards to meat I really try to stick with only 3-4 oz per day......but I allow myself to go over on proteins as long as its with things like beans and veggies.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I :heart: Protein!(from any source) The good thing is...your protein allowance goes up with exercise(just like calorie allowance)
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I eat more protein every day than the calculator tells me to. I eat just as much protein as I do carbs (it's a body for Life thing). It's just how your body responds. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal.
  • corawyatt
    Options
    I am taking in more protein also than the counter says. However, I am also keeping my fat intake down below the goal as well as my carbs. My total net calorie intake is pretty much within 100 calories of the goal. If you are exercising regularily, you can take in more calories. Weights will help add muscle mass so you can eat more! Right now, I am having trouble getting up to the calorie requirements for my level of activity.

Just try to stay away from all the processed foods. Stick to whole grains, low/non-fat dairy, fresh fruits and vegetables, and cheat one day per week and you will keep losing! The healthiest weight loss is a pound a week for long term to keep it off. Your body doesn't adjust well when you try to lose too much too fast.

Consistency over the long haul it the way to go.
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I am taking in more protein also than the counter says. However, I am also keeping my fat intake down below the goal as well as my carbs. My total net calorie intake is pretty much within 100 calories of the goal. If you are exercising regularily, you can take in more calories. Weights will help add muscle mass so you can eat more! Right now, I am having trouble getting up to the calorie requirements for my level of activity.

Just try to stay away from all the processed foods. Stick to whole grains, low/non-fat dairy, fresh fruits and vegetables, and cheat one day per week and you will keep losing! The healthiest weight loss is a pound a week for long term to keep it off. Your body doesn't adjust well when you try to lose too much too fast.

Consistency over the long haul it the way to go.

WELL SAID!!!