How many calories will use lose in a cold (not ice) bath?

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat less than 1200 calories (not counting the amount extra I am allowed by exercise) because my BMR is about 1400 so 200 calories a day lost will help me. I went over by about 15 calories a day. i think simply typing will help.

Help you to do what??

Eat more. Your body needs fuel and nourishment to get better.

Please do listen to this advice.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Your body will need more calories to maintain the temperature it requires if you make yourself cold.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, in my experience, you're going to get very hungry. You will be much hungrier than you would get if you had exercised those calories off.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't think its a healthy way to burn calories. To me it would be like telling someone to get hypothermia to lose weight. If you've ever been in cold temperatures for extended periods of time I don't think you would even consider it. Plus I don't think that subjecting yourself to the time in the cold that would be needed to cause a large amount of calories burn would be worth it and you may just get yourself sicker. If I were you, I would speak with your doctor before attempting it. Good luck either way and I hope you get well soon!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat less than 1200 calories (not counting the amount extra I am allowed by exercise) because my BMR is about 1400 so 200 calories a day lost will help me. I went over by about 15 calories a day. i think simply typing will help.

Help you to do what??

Eat more. Your body needs fuel and nourishment to get better.

If your BMR is 1400, you should not eat below it.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    IN for morning reading. G'night all and sweet dreams :flowerforyou:
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ouch I take ice bath after a hot 2 hour summer run. Not when sick. I take it to recover muscles. I also read somewhere that it does burn calories because your body works to adjust to the cold.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options

:huh: You need to be eating at least your BMR, eating less is a recipe for ill health. Please eat more.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I believe cold baths burn around 110 calories every 10 minutes but im not really sure also if you stay in for too long iys bad for you

Thank you for bumping an old thread, without reading it, to re-enliven a stupid myth.