Eggnog

Options
some love it some hate it but its def. my holiday weakness, i could drink the whole gallon....

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    It's amazing. I want some right now.
  • jameskane
    Options
    oh dude i am totally with you on that. i am not looking forward to my mothers for xmas cause she always has eggnog and a nutmeg grinder right there. last year i think i had close to three liters of it then i looked at the calorie count. WOW. i drank about 3 days worth of calories that day. they gotta start putting something in there to make it a little less yummy. not a lot just a bit so you have to think "do i really want another"...right now it's a no brainer.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You just reminded me to put it on my grocery list. My fave is the Silk Soy nog. I love it -- soooo much better fat/calorie wise and I love that it's not as thick. So yummy in coffee, too!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I never thought it could get better....then I add the brandy. Oh so good. I will be working extra hard this holiday season to make room for that in my diet lol
  • NianMaya
    NianMaya Posts: 108
    Options
    I like eggnog however it has too much sugar so I've stayed away from it! I think you can get lite now though!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I never thought it could get better....then I add the brandy. Oh so good. I will be working extra hard this holiday season to make room for that in my diet lol

Same here:bigsmile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've never liked it. I don't like the flavor or the consistency. But I have issues with pudding, custard and things of that nature. Eggnog is essentially a very thin custard, and it grosses me out.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    You just reminded me to put it on my grocery list. My fave is the Silk Soy nog. I love it -- soooo much better fat/calorie wise and I love that it's not as thick. So yummy in coffee, too!

I don't get the point.....It's nothing but artificially flavoured soy milk. Not even remotely related to "Egg Nog".
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    ChristinaMcKeever Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Yummy i agree i also tried southern comfort and thats was so good... i tried the bolthouse farms egg nog and i find it to be better then regular egg nog, i also want to try the silk version i have become a huge fan of soy...
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    I love Eggnog. I had been craving it for a few weeks up until Thanksgiving. There was some eggnog at the Thanksgiving get together I went to. I had a half a cup and got my craving out of the way. I couldn't handle buying a container for myself, I'd drink the entire thing. So I am glad that I was able to have it some where else where I could leave the rest behind.
  • amakayg
    amakayg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ahh that sounds soo good!!
  • TaraMKL
    Options

I don't get the point.....It's nothing but artificially flavoured soy milk. Not even remotely related to "Egg Nog".

I think the point is that I posted MY opinion on MY favorite version of eggnog and you followed with YOUR opinion. I won't make you drink it, don't worry. Didn't mean to upset you. LOL. Have a good one! :)
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I took my NINJA the other day and put ice in it and put half a cup of eggnog and made a egg nog smoothie/slurpee it was a nice way to end thanksgiving day :happy: and only 120 calories !
  • Charger440
    Options

I think the point is that I posted MY opinion on MY favorite version of eggnog and you followed with YOUR opinion. I won't make you drink it, don't worry. Didn't mean to upset you. LOL. Have a good one! :)

No I mean this is a thread entitled "EggNog" and your talking about Soy milk with artificial flavouring in it. I understand that people like soy milk but it's kinda like posting in a thread about Apples saying you like Pears. It's great that you like pears but what do they have to do with apples aside from they are both fruits? If you read on the ingredients in soynog there is no eggs in it and there is no "nog" (nog being the portion made from cream) so while one might like the taste of soynog it is most definitely not eggnog. Which is why I don't see the point in comparing soynog to eggnog. It's fine if you like soynog but shouldn't you compare it in a thread maybe entitled "What flavourings do you like in your soy milk?"
  • Charger440
    Options
    I took my NINJA the other day and put ice in it and put half a cup of eggnog and made a egg nog smoothie/slurpee it was a nice way to end thanksgiving day :happy: and only 120 calories !

Cool idea! I'll have to try that.
  • TNoire
    Options

Cool idea! I'll have to try that.

I used Robert's Lite Egg Nog with 70% fat than regular egg nog and 1/3 fewer calories than regular egg nog
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i just wish it was available year round
  • TaraMKL
    Options

No I mean this is a thread entitled "EggNog" and your talking about Soy milk with artificial flavouring in it. I understand that people like soy milk but it's kinda like posting in a thread about Apples saying you like Pears. It's great that you like pears but what do they have to do with apples aside from they are both fruits? If you read on the ingredients in soynog there is no eggs in it and there is no "nog" (nog being the portion made from cream) so while one might like the taste of soynog it is most definitely not eggnog. Which is why I don't see the point in comparing soynog to eggnog. It's fine if you like soynog but shouldn't you compare it in a thread maybe entitled "What flavourings do you like in your soy milk?"

Are you serious about this right now? I am actually chuckling...so funny to me that you might truly be upset by my stating that I enjoy drinking soy nog.

I thought it might be obvious that I *enjoy* ACTUAL eggnog and that is the reason that I am happy to now have found something that gives me the same enjoyment without completely derailing my efforts to lose weight.

Thank you for giving me a smile. Have a good day! :smile:
  • TNoire
    Options
    i just wish it was available year round

It freezes well :love:
  • BGem
    BGem Posts: 1
    Options
    Egg nog and pepsi. . .SO bad, but SO good! :-)