Breakfast and Lunch

Options
Hello,

I need help. I eat the same thing for breakfast and i need some ideas to shake up my breakfast.

Also Im running out of ideas for lunch when im at work as to what to bring. Any Ideas or thoughts.

Replies

• ren25
    ren25 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hello,

I need help. I eat the same thing for breakfast and i need some ideas to shake up my breakfast.

Also Im running out of ideas for lunch when im at work as to what to bring. Any Ideas or thoughts.
  • csantos1182
    Options
    what do you normally eat for breakfast? I switch between slimfast and weight watchers smart ones breakfasts- those are good
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same thing for breakfast every day.
    And the same thing for lunch almost every day.

I guess I don't get bored so easily. :wink:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same thing for breakfast every day.
    And the same thing for lunch almost every day.

I guess I don't get bored so easily. :wink:

me too. and me either. :wink:

ren25, what is it that you eat?
  • ren25
    Options
    i usually just have 1 package of quakers oatmeal and a yogurt. im not a morning person I things that a quick in the morning.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    well what do you eat for breakfast for starters? Here are my token breakfasts:

Instant Oatmeal-comes in many flavors
    A couple of peices of fresh fruit
    Yogurt
    Scrambled egg whites with parmesan cheese & salsa (90 calories with 3 egg whites! Had it this morning at 9am and I am just now starting to get hungry for lunch)
    1/2 bagel (you could add just a touch of butter, jam, or peanut butter)
    Breakfast pizza-ish (another creation, its one slice natures Own ain sugar free bread, 1 tbsp parm cheese and 2 slices of tomato and put it the oven or toaster oven until its toast. Its good like that or sometimes I fry up an egg white to put on top of it. With egg, its 100 calories, without its like 80)

Lunch is easy too-left overs from dinner are always good. I make a lot of soups too with leftovers and they freeze for a long time, sandwhiches, canned soups, and frozen meals are a good option. Healthy choice has pasta steamers that I haven't tried but they look good. Sometimes I do oatmeal for lunch if a had a big breakfast or know that a big dinner is coming :)
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    i think next time i do the breakfast pizza I'm going to use low fat mozzerella
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I keep a variety of breakfast bars in my cupboard at work and just eat whatever I'm in the mood for (I have some chocolate, some peanut butter, some fruity). Also - when I'm home, I typically do toast with some jelly on it.
  • iamjeffb
    iamjeffb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I make my own McMuffin - better tasting and really fills me up.

Rose - Canadian Bacon, 4 slices 80 CAL
    OR
    Roast Turkey lunch meat, 6 slices 80 Cals
    Egg Beaters - Egg Beaters, 0.5 cup(s) 60 CAL
    Orowheat - Double Fiber English Muffin, 1 muffin 110 CAL

Total ~250 Cals

Only takes about 3-4 minutes to make
  • ren25
    Options
    Thank you all for the great breakfast ideas. Im going to have to try them.
  • ziggycat
    Options
    How many cals in a slimfast can?

Ziggy
  • iamjeffb
    iamjeffb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How many cals in a slimfast can?

Ziggy

I'm not on it, but I think they are around 160-200.
  • yellow_pepper
    Options
    The low carb and Optima cans have 180-190 cal. Original is 220.
  • lilnatn2
    lilnatn2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is Kashi strawberry or blueberry waffles with 2 tbs. maple syrup and a sliced banana on top! It's delicious. Also I love Amy's steel cut oatmeal bowls or Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with light vanilla soymilk and blueberries. And I always have half a grapefruit.

For lunch, there are tons of options. I love making wraps with La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Whole Wheat Torillas (only 50 calories each). I usually either do turkey and laughing cow light cheese, or I cook an organic chicken sausage and wrap it up with mustard, and a green salad on the side. I also love veggie egg white omelets with spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes and whole wheat toast for lunch. Amy's makes a delicious chunky tomato bisque that is great with a light cheese quesadilla (on those tortillas) and a green salad as well. One other thing I love is making a tuna salad dip by mixing tuna and Sister's Sass Smoky Ranch Dressing (only 32 cals for 2 tbs and SO good!) and using celery as a "dipper".

Happy eating! :smile:

55359.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've been on a Cherios kick lately Mon-Fri. I did eat something different today and am going to try to keep that going and change things up like I used to.

It's good for your body to keep guessing then to keep it digesting the samethings each day. It's like your work out routine...switch it up for better results.

I used to go between:

Eggs and turkey sausage/milk
    Cereal/milk
    Oatmeal with nuts
    cottage cheese/yogurt/fruit

I would switch these up each day during my work week. Not only does it change things up, but fluctuates calorie and fat intake each day.
  • yellow_pepper
    Options
    It's good for your body to keep guessing then to keep it digesting the samethings each day. It's like your work out routine...switch it up for better results.

I hear this a lot, and I'm not sure if I agree. For one thing, medical weight loss clinics often have patients eat the same exact meals every day for WEEKS. The goal is to train you to accept a certain number of calories. It also has a psychological effect of reducing your excitement about eating - the feelings that trigger overeating.

Outside of the clinic environment, eating the same thing every day ensures that you know what you're eating. You're in a routine. And while a routine can get stale, psychologically, it's not bad for your body. A better analogy might be skincare - you need a regimen. "Why argue with success?"

It can also be better for your wallet just to get one or two items that you use a lot in bulk rather than a whole variety of perishable items that you would struggle to finish by the expiration date.
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat cheerios or a scrambled egg. You could have a protein shake. For lunch tuna, turkey, or veggie sandwhich with v8 juice is really good. Take celery and carrot sticks. Drink lot of water!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If you have never eaten well and are obese and the clinic asked me to eat the same thing every day to get used to quantity and calories...sure...I'd eat the same thing each day. But if someone is bored by eating the same thing each day at each meal...why wouldn't you want to spice things up and change your meals? It's a win-win. :smile:

Don't forget that variety is best to get in all your nutrients too!
  • yellow_pepper
    Options
    For me, I find it's best just to get over the need to be excited about every meal. At least when I'm at home the last thing I want to be thinking is "I can't wait to eat this!" That just makes it more likely for me to overeat. When it comes to losing weight, at least for me, boring is good.

Eating the same thing every day also makes it easier to enter into MFP!