To ill to exercise, any tips?

Options
Hi!
I have been diagnosed with pulmonary embolisms, not a very nice thing to have, but it does mean I now have huge limitations when it comes to exercise.
I used to cycle 4 miles a day and now I cant even walk across the room with getting a heart rate of 130!
I have tried yoga and pilates and they were OK, but I did find they gave me chest pain.
My doctor says it is OK to exercise but I just cant seem to do it! My original goal was to get at least 3 sessions of intense 20min workouts a week, does anyone have any low impact suggestions that might burn at least 300 cals a week?
Is anyone in the same or similar position as me?

Replies

• sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty rough! Hope you find something that helps without overdoing it and making your health situation worse.
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a condition that causes me to pass out without warning sometimes and it puts some real limits on my exercising. I walk on a treadmill and I do a lot of chair exercises. I also use 2lb weights and do exercises in my chair. There are quiet a few videos on the market (I found some at amazon.com) with exercises you can do sitting in a chair. You could always give those a try. Hope that helps :-)
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Rest and focus on Nutrition