is my treadmill right?

Options
I walk 45 min on a 6 incline at 3.8-4.0 mph alternating and I only burn 300 calories...does that seem right to people are exercisers?

Replies

• iluvbread
    Options
    I walk 45 min on a 6 incline at 3.8-4.0 mph alternating and I only burn 300 calories...does that seem right to people are exercisers?
  • ggooding12
    Options
    I run 2 miles every morning starting out @ 5.0 with 1.0 incline. By the time I hit 2 miles I have bummed it up to 5.3 and 2.0 or 3.0 incline. I usually burn 320 cal. in 23 minutes. That is about right. If you belong to a gym, ask a trainer what machine you can do to burn more in less time. I like to get the biggest bang for my buck, but I also love to run.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm usually on a 15 incline switching it up from 3.0-4.5 and it says I burn about 600-625 calories... sounds about right to me.
  • kimmerkujawa
    kimmerkujawa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right to me. I did 33 minutes, incline 5.5, 3.6 mph, burned 223. I did run 2 or 3 times for one minute at 6 mph.
  • mdcroft
    mdcroft Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    They say you burn about 100 calories per mile you walk OR run, obviously an incline would make a difference...so if you averaged a 4.0, you went about 3 miles or 300 calories. Sounds close...
  • gperry227
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how many calories I would burn for a spinning class? BTW, it kicked my behind!!!!!
  • ziggycat
    Options
    I haven't tried spinning yet!!! I average it out at about 100 cals burned for 10 mins walking/running and also x training. I start of on a flat, then run/walk for 20 mins between 6.0-8.-, then I stick it on incline for about another, walking at about 7.2 and going up to about 15 incline.

I like running, walking and x training, but unfortunately I suffer with shin splits so I have to chop and change when I go to the gym.

ZIggy
  • iluvbread
    Options
    thanks everyone for your input!