What do you expect out of your MPF friends: someone to alway

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i hope for support and do feel that i have it. one of my friends has been particularly supportive!
  • Gr33nstars
    Options
    Im prettymuch tackling this by myself in real life so I actually quite like the WTGs and I must confess I hand them out... There's not always time for more than that, as much as I wish there was, and I wouldn't expect everyone to pay close attention to my activity all the time. Then again, my diary isn't public so I can't expect the same level of feedback anyway and things might be different if I opened my diary. Worried that I should up my critiquing game now! Haha.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I like this post especially the part about the "WTG" and "awesome job" or even more annoying "awesome burn" LOL

A few people I have had to remove from my friend list as theyt had such an unhealthy attitude towards dieting (similar to you 120 cal person) yet I found myself wishing I had their 'willpower'

xx

Oh what a relief to read this. I've been dutifully commenting on my friends' exercise updates, but it's hard to keep up and does feel somewhat lacking, to be honest. I just didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by not saying something. I shall be quite happy to cease and desist unless someone climbs Everest, or at least finishes a 5k.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I have my diary set to private because I don't want my MFP friends to criticize or try to alter my eating/exersize habits. I'm definitely a person that learns things the hard way. If I choose to eat my calories as cookies and crisps it'd only annoy me if someone told me to try eating carrot sticks instead. If I eat junk and find that I'm tired and hungry THEN I'll change what I eat because I've learnt the consequences myself. Although my MFP friends are all lovely so I don't think they would say anything like that anyway. (:

What I do want from my friends is if I post a status saying how de-motivated i am someone to say something to help me back on track. Or if I fall off the wagon for a few days someone to motivate me to get back on track. And I'm definitely there to do the same for my MFP friends in return. (: Also I like it when people say "way to go" or "good job" when I lose weight or do a good work out. Its nice. (:

I like this. I don't expect anything from people on here as I mostly log on from my cell. I try not to pressure folks or comment on their diaries since just staying within a calorie range may be their first hurdle before trying to add healthy foods. If someone is demotived, I offer encouragement and I send messages if I see they haven't been online.