100 DAY JOURNEY-UPDATE

Options
Well I am 22 days into my 100 day journey. I am down 11 pounds and have met a couple of goals. I still have some things that need work. finding more than 30 mins a day to work out. making sure I eat as clean as possible with minimal empty calories. that is the hardest!!! Some of you guys started journies of your own....are you making any progress? Learning to eat in the right combination that gives me the best of everything. one big issue, is since I eat almost no prepared foods, I have to come up with ways to fix fast meals so I don't get home and have to cook or wait to eat for an hour or more. well, thanks for listening

Replies

• flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well I am 22 days into my 100 day journey. I am down 11 pounds and have met a couple of goals. I still have some things that need work. finding more than 30 mins a day to work out. making sure I eat as clean as possible with minimal empty calories. that is the hardest!!! Some of you guys started journies of your own....are you making any progress? Learning to eat in the right combination that gives me the best of everything. one big issue, is since I eat almost no prepared foods, I have to come up with ways to fix fast meals so I don't get home and have to cook or wait to eat for an hour or more. well, thanks for listening
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Down 11 lbs good stuff congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You seem to have just the right attitude. It's a journey alright, and 100 days can lead to a lifetime!

I find that I have an arsenal of "right now" miniature meals. An apple with peanut butter, some rice cakes with a little cheese, or just a handful of walnuts. I also carry food with me at all times, so I'm never starving. A few almonds on the subway, and I don't have the shakes when I get home.

Also, if you make your own soup, you can freeze it in portions. I do this often. I make my own soup stock, so I can keep the sodium under control. Also, I make pasta (one cup only, I have to use brown rice pasta, but you could use whole wheat) when the pasta is cooked, I throw 2 shredded zucchini into the water right before I drain it (you can also use it raw) Then, I drain the pasta and toss in a low-sodium spaghetti sauce and top with a tiny amount of parmesan. The zucchinni helps to "bulk up" the pasta, so one cup is enough. The whole thing takes about ten minutes.

Hope that helps.
    Blessings.:flowerforyou:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi flachix,
    Congrats on the 11 pounds. I understand about making time for exercise, have you thought about doing 15 mintues twice a day? Just because you have to do 30 minutes doesn't mean you have to do all 30 minutes together. Try splitting it up, it may be easier to find the time to do it.

As for the food. I, also don't eat any processed foods, I only eat food that I have prepared 99% of the time. I find it easier if I wash the produce and put it in zip lock bags as soon as I get home from the store, that way when I get home from work the preparation is much faster and easier.

Keep us up to date on your progress of 100 day journey, and let us know if we can help.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO. I have not gone out to lunch. White flour, I failed. My son made us dinner and he made garlic bread. Ate one piece.

But, we have no white flour in our house now.
  • SkyDuchess
    SkyDuchess Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

CONGRATS....

I am proud of you.

One day at a time. Celebrate each Victory. No matter the size.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Absolutely!!! way to go!!!

dd:glasses:
  • flachix
    Options
    I like the idea of pre making the dinners. I prepackaged the food, like the chicken etc, into portions, but didn't think of actually cooking it first!!:grumble: probably should have thought of that. laugh. I do make the zero soup. I see there are several versions, but love the one I make with spicy v-8 and I do put that in portions and freeze it. so, you would think I would have made the natual jump to doing meals that way. duh. sometimes the answer is right in front of you. thanks. Icandoit....one piece of garlic bread isn't failing so no negative reinforcement. I have a piece of sugar free angel food cake the other night, a 5th of the cake is 90 calories and I ate a 12th of the cake....I measured.:heart: and I hate measuring. but it was so tasty I couldn't feel guilty. keep up the great ideas everyone. RJ
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I didn't have the best start last week and the week before, but after getting some thoughts from a MFpal I have modified my goals for the 100 days (baby steps). I remembered my vitamin almost everyday this week. I have had one to two veggie servings everyday, and have done better with my fruit, not great but better. Slowly.....

:smile: Anne

Keep up the good work everyone!:happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of pre making the dinners. I prepackaged the food, like the chicken etc, into portions, but didn't think of actually cooking it first!!:grumble: probably should have thought of that. laugh. I do make the zero soup. I see there are several versions, but love the one I make with spicy v-8 and I do put that in portions and freeze it. so, you would think I would have made the natual jump to doing meals that way. duh. sometimes the answer is right in front of you. thanks. Icandoit....one piece of garlic bread isn't failing so no negative reinforcement. I have a piece of sugar free angel food cake the other night, a 5th of the cake is 90 calories and I ate a 12th of the cake....I measured.:heart: and I hate measuring. but it was so tasty I couldn't feel guilty. keep up the great ideas everyone. RJ

Angle food cake with sugar free banana pudding and sliced bananas and lite cool whip.
    OMG..it's like you died and gone to heaven:heart:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I thought of you when I made my dinner.

Chicken cutlets (boneless skinless breasts pounded super-thin). They cook in four minutes. On medium high heat, spray a pan with pam and then toss in the cutlet. Turn after two minutes. cook another two minutes.

add a salad.

Viola.....dinner.
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, 11lbs in 22 days! That's amazing, keep up the great work!
  • flachix
    Options
    wow.:happy: If I count the pudding as a diary, and the banana is the fruit, what can I count the sugar free cool whip as? (other than bliss?) grin. I am going to look for those cutlets. Deana, try putting your vitamins by your purse, or coffee cup, or even by your toothbrush. I put mine by my car keys. with the idea that we can do anything we set our minds to if we know its for a finite time, every step forward is a success. good luck all
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    You can make your own cutlets, too from boneless, skinless breasts. You need a "meat mallet" Just cut one in half (the chicken, not the mallet, LOL) and pound until they're very, very thin (between a quarter and half an inch). Also great for any frustrations you might have. The trick is to not cook them too long. I set a timer for two minutes a side, and that's all they need.

I had mine tonight with some thai peanut sauce...talk about bliss.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss, I make brown rice in a big batch now and portion it out in1 cup servings put it in the freezer. Take it out and microwave until hot. Something to go with your chicken. :smile: