Losing weight for appearance, not health.

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I vote for both...I'm at a healthy weight now, but still have some problem areas that need to be toned and tightened up.

Doesn't everyone want to feel good AND look amazing though??
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Same here. I've always been forthright about that. I certainly eat healthier food much more often now but that's mainly because I have a taste for it now, compared to before.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This is me, too. I'm generally a healthy, active person. I eat well (most of the time). My focus is mostly on building muscle. While it IS for appearance, it's also for my mental well-being, which I suppose would be classified as health.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Poeple lose weight to look good naked!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I'm losing to get back to pre-pregnancy hot. I'm pretty healthy and fit...I just picked up a little extra padding from my youngest.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    doing it for both. by losing weight, my health will improve automatically--better resting heart rate/blood pressure, cholesterol levels, lung capacity, muscle mass...but i will also look DAMN FINE.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am the same. Weight, and all is on track so I am working out to look good in my bikini and jeans!
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'd be lying if I didn't say that I prefer to look better than to feel better.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Poeple lose weight to look good naked!

^^^Ditto!

PS: youll benefit more by eating a ton more protein.
    Your protein setting will possibly satisfy a very small mouse.
    Shoot for .85-1g per LBM.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I'm not losing weight for my health, I am generally healthy and my weight does not cause me any issues.

I wondered how many other people are also losing weight just to look and feel better?

You know.. those of us aiming to look sexy, and stop being just... normal.?

Well, I definitely like the way I feel being physically fit and eating better. However, I am mainly doing it to love the way I look.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    for me it's more for appearance than health. i am currently at a healthy weight, however i was happier and felt more comfortable in my skin when i was about 5 - 10 lbs lighter.
  • xmalonex
    Options
    Both! I want six pack abs for one time in my life...I'm sure that's years down the road.

My BP is high though...so that's part of my reason too.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I started loosing weight for health, now that I am healthy I am working on beauty and general sexiness
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    could not agree more with some of the posts, Im doing it to feel better in my own skin, and I suppose in a shallow way to look sexier. Last few years let myself go, Find myself on gardening leave from work, so have the time to go for it, any health benefits resulting from my goals are for me are a plus.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Being healthy feels great. LOOKing healthy and SEXAY feels even better! Whoever says they're not working out to look good, in my opinion, is not being honest with themselves. Everyone gains confidence when they lose weight. I always see that change in people. That's a good thing as long as it doesn't go over their heads and act like a 10 when they're an 8. You can feel like a 10, just don't try to suddenly act like your *kitten* smells like roses. :tongue:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Me, absolutely. Even at 40-some lbs overweight, I've always been very healthy. Obviously not as healthy as I *could* be, but healthy.
    However, my love of vintage clothes and being overweight do not mesh. There wasn't such thing as vanity sizing in the 1950s. ;)
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for both. Exercising and diet is good for mental health as well and I would really love to quiet my anxiety and panic disorder just a bit. As far as appearance, I haven't felt attractive since I was like 16, so definitely also doing it to feel attractive and feel good about myself.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Appearance matters, and not just to people who are interested in dating or keeping someone around to love. People treat you better when you look good. Sad and shallow, but that's how it goes, so of course I care about how I look, because others care. And unfortunately, this world isn't something you can survive in solo. Not unless you're prepared to live in a cabin you built with your own hands while killing and cooking your own food. Which sounds better and better to me lately, but really isn't practical.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm on to appearance tweaking now.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am also losing weight due to my appearance. I know my health should be first, but I'm healthy, just overweight!