New girl needs help

Options
Bigfatgirl
Bigfatgirl Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I am 33 years old and a mom to a beautiful 4 year old girl. I would love to be around long enough to not only watch her grow but be actively involved in her life. I have had weight problems since my early 20's and recently found out I have a problem with my heart. I need to loose 20 - 25 pound and take back my health or I may not be here to see her grow up. I don't know where to start or what I should be eating. I work from home and spend a lot of time alone and of course I eat when I am bored. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks

Replies

• Bigfatgirl
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 33 years old and a mom to a beautiful 4 year old girl. I would love to be around long enough to not only watch her grow but be actively involved in her life. I have had weight problems since my early 20's and recently found out I have a problem with my heart. I need to loose 20 - 25 pound and take back my health or I may not be here to see her grow up. I don't know where to start or what I should be eating. I work from home and spend a lot of time alone and of course I eat when I am bored. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.
    Thanks
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    some days its going to be hard, purely because your at home and the kitchen is just steps away.
    but there are some things that could help:
    drink ALOT of water.
    if u like soda ONE diet a day, about an hour after lunch is good because it will fill you up. but you have to drink it slowly. let the can last you a half hour.
    brush ur teeth 3 times a day. AFTER breakfast, AFTER lunch and RIGHT before bed. that way the food taste is never there too long.
    gum is good, but limit urself to about 2 pieces a day. and sugar free only
    visit the site often, even if you have no food or exercise to add just visit the site. it'll help you remember what ur goal is.
    don't over work yourself, its not good. the first week go really slow exercise wise. maybe start burning 150 first few days, then go up gradually. 150 becomes 175 to 200 and on and on.
    even if ur exercise is running around your four year old for 5 minutes PUT IT IN THE DIARY. it may only be like 20 calories but the fact that you just burned calories will make you feel better

good luck! losing weight isn't going to happen in minutes. just take is slow and remember that everyone else here is going through some sort of struggle just like you.
  • tiaemmite
    tiaemmite Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm a stay at home mom with a 4 yr old and 1 year old. I've been wondering after trying and trying how in the world I was ever going to lose weight but this website has helped me just keep track of how and where I over eat. I was really dilligent the first 3 weeks of this in keeping track of everything I put in my mouth. It helped me see how many extra calories I was consuming as I cleaned up and prepared foods. In the process of keeping track I've just learned some easy ways to cut calories-more fruit, more vegetables, less bread, less snacks (my kids eat all the time and we have so many snack items-AVOID THEM.) Most of all portion control. It's not that big of a deal to over eat one meal but every meal can really add up. I would say good luck but I think it's more than luck. Believe in yourself-you can do it!
  • Bigfatgirl
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice and positive words. I'm really begining to feel like I CAN do this. Best of health to you all!
  • oohsooperfect1
    oohsooperfect1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi, I know how you feel just had a baby myself and was home for 2 and a half months. It's hard, but nothing worth having ever really comes easy. Get out of the house a little after work and do something fun with your daughter that'll get your heart rate up for minutes at a time. Or start by playing music you love around the house and get your body moving to it. You can do it in a locked room and wild out (JUST KEEP MOVING) no matter how crazy you look or seem. (and don't worry about the sweat it means it's working) That's one way to keep you from being bored and your daughter can join in on that too. The key is to remember that you have to burn off every ounce you consume plus more to lose the pounds. Good luck, you can do it.
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested, get on the Oprah website and read about the diet plan (Bootcamp). I was on it for 4 weeks and lost 5 pounds. This next 4 weeks I'm gradually adding grains back into my diet. I get so tired of meat! Since I broke my front tooth and need dental work, I've had to really chew my food slow and I use slimfast when I don't feel like eating (or chewing!). Oprah's website has some good advice and exercises for toning up. Also has some good tips on exercising.

For me, I like to walk and do so about 6 times a week. It's so muggy here that it forces us to walk early in the morning. We live in E. Texas so it gets pretty hot. We've been getting lots of rain too. We walked early this morning and it started pouring about 11, so we're glad we didn't wait till later. When my husband is home, we walk together. He's a paramedic and works 48 hour shifts. I'm off for the summer and thought it would be a great time to slim down.

I've lost 5 pounds and it's a struggle for me because I'm a type II diabetic and over 40.

Good luck to you all.
  • courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When you get bored you should take your daughter on a walk that way are burning calories and spending time with her. And I am sure that she will love being outside with mommy! Dont spend the whole summer indoors!!! Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.