Newbie coming from Weight Watchers

Options
Hi All! About a year ago, I started doing Weight Watchers online. I did a great job at changing my diet and exercising, and went from 204lbs to 154lbs!! I felt amazing. About 6 months ago, I found the love of my life and we moved in together. He is a great guy and loves me for me. Formally, I had been in an emotionally abusive relationship and had lost the weight due to my boyfriend constantly calling me fat. I know I should've lost it for myself, and in the end I did, but my reason for getting into it was due to feeling "fat".

My boyfriend now is wonderful and loves me for me... and due to me feeling so darn comfortable, I have gained back weight!!!! I am now 176lbs and I am miserable. I stopped doing weight watchers due to the cost, but I do have a gym membership (used to go daily, havent been since Jon and I got back together!). Jon is very supportive and wants to see me happy- I have been feeling down on myself because I stopped trying and expected to be at my goal of 130lbs by now. I am hoping this community will be the encouragement I need. I began eating healthy again today (we went grocery shopping lastnight:)), and I have an appointment this evening with my personal trainer. I hope I can do it!

Nice to meet everyone :)

Replies

• Kris10can
    Options
    Of course you can do this!!!! I am amazed with all of the support from the hard working and caring people with MFP!! :)
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Keep in mind to make this a lifestyle change and not a diet! You can eat what you want, in moderation! Good Luck! You can do anything that you put your mind too! This community is full of great, knowledgable people!.
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Keep in mind to make this a lifestyle change and not a diet! You can eat what you want, in moderation! Good Luck! You can do anything that you put your mind too! This community is full of great, knowledgable people!.
    Agree! I also came from WW. This is a great place to get support! Feel free to add me if you would like more support!
  • 8BaughDad
    8BaughDad Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you, now get to logging! hahaha
  • melle521
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site and have learned a lot from joining.
  • ritagamela
    Options
    You can certanily do it using Myfitnesspal.com. But, you have to be totally honest when you put in your food and drink items for the day. I started doing this program as my doctor told me that my blood pressure was way too high and I had put on so much weight, even though I am a Celiac and eat very healthy. I went from 120lbs to 169lbs and hated the way I looked. Since October 31st I have lost 23lbs and now weigh in at 145lbs. I still have a way to go, but I never realized how easy it could be by just using this software. You can definitely do it. Rita
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site and full of support. Of course you can do it. I started out at 210 lbs and I am now at 146 and 11 lbs from my goal. I also did ww but didn't like counting every point. I switched to just eating healthier and keeping track on here and I'm doing amazing.

You can do it. Hang in there.
    Neva

:smile:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I love the support and encouragement I receive every day on here. Keep in mind that while you are striving to reach a goal that you need to create healthy habits that you can maintain for the rest of your life. This way, you won't fail. Good luck!
  • InsomniaticDND
    Options
    Welcome! I have found it really good here so far, I hope you find it useful and enjoy logging.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I just stopped WW Online due to the cost and also feeling like I was "double-logging", etc. I also felt that, overall, I've gotten the most valuable information on every aspect of weight loss and fitness here on MFP.

You have a good, basic plan to follow with WW so stick to that for now as far what foods to eat. And you've already had great success with WW, so you pretty much know it works for you.

Eventually, when you are looking to "tweak" some things, the community here will guide you. (even if you want to "experiment" with something)

Remember:
    1) that fruits and veggies DO have calories and should be logged

2) NOT to be a scalaholic~ once a week is fine

3) to keep thinking "Am I willing to do (x,y,z) for the rest of my life to maintain?"

4) if the answer is NO, then don't do it.

The very best of luck to you and SO glad that you are happy at home now!
  • CandyPo
    CandyPo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey! I also came from WW. I just learned about this site from the board on there actually. I did WW before, the old program, and it worked really well for me, but the new program just isnt doing the same thing for me. I am excited to get started on myfitnesspal.
  • MissEmmieO
    MissEmmieO Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I came from WW too and had tons of success with the old program and when it switched to points plus..I just fell off the wagon! This seems very similar to WW and I hope to do as well as I have in the past. I had lost almost 40 and have now gained back all but 15. It's a commitment and I am ready to get back at it..Good luck to all!!:flowerforyou:
  • livindreams
    Options
    Welcome! You definately can do it! It is great too that you now have someone "worthy" in your life! Add me if you need some friends! :)
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    You said it. This time do it for YOU! I know you will do well. Feel free to friend me.
  • Bethaniey
    Bethaniey Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi all. I am a 43 yo mom to four. Im fairly active (I power walk 2-3 miles 3 times a week, and use the nautilus equipment at the gym three times a week for strength training. I've been trying for two consecutive summers to lose the 15 lbs. I've gained. I am currently using WW online right now, but have not really seen any major results with it. I'm confused as to how they configure the points for the foods and how fruits and veggies can be 0 points value???? I've also noticed that they do not seem to go by calories. Which is better? Counting calories on MFP or WW points system? Somebody please help??? My other issue is that now that it's summer and we're grilling and entertaining a lot, I LOVE to have a drink. I'm a wine drinker, but do to all the calories in it, I've switched to crystal light drink mixes with either coconut rum or clear tequila. I'm sure that this is not helping my weight loss efforts :(