MFP Mobile issues?

Options
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. I usually log on the computer, but just got an iPhone, so I've been logging there more recently, and when I first started using it, I LOVED the barcode scanner.

Yesterday & today though, I've been noticing that the calories are wrong for some things. Like I scanned Whole Foods white bread, and it came up with the right name, but wrong calories, so I had to re-enter the food. Then, my Campbell's soup label wouldn't scan at all (not even to tell me there were no matching entries).

Today, I'm having a full-calorie vitamin water (XXX acai-blueberry pomegranate flavor), and when I scanned the barcode, it came up with the Vitamin Water ZERO entry. So I had to delete that and search for the right one to get the calories right.

Does anyone know more about where the barcode info. is coming from? Is it all still just user-entry? Is anyone else having issues with it?

I was really hopeful that it would eliminate skimming through so many items that have multiple entries to figure out which one to use, but it seems like the barcode function might not be the solution I was hoping for.

Replies

• Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I think when you use the iphone, it gives a warning that the camera isn't good enough to properly scan the barcodes properly. I'm sure it's not the barcodes (else the stores couldnt' get it) or the infomation. It's likely picking up a generic and then trying to match it with whatever it sees first in its database.
  • runnermel
    Options
    I have had my Iphone for over a year and loved the bar code scanner until recently. mine scans, and then disappears. driving me crazy!!!