works in the background if you listen to iTunes

GymBuddy
    tracks your strength training
    keeps stats on sets, reps and weight
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper and Endomondo but I prefer Endomondo
    Why? Just wondering if I should check out Endomondo. Does it track elevation? That's my one complaint about runkeeper.

But Runkeeper DOES track elevation.

The free version on android? Mine doesn't... hmmm, maybe I'm missing an update??? *runs to check*

Yeah, that's what I have. I'm not sure if you can see that feature from the app, but it's definitely there if you login through the website.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if Runkeeper will work on an Iphone that no longer has service? I have wifi at home, but it basically works as an ITouch, but with GPS....

In other words, does runkeeper require an internet connection to run while being used or can I use it to monitor my run and then come home and 'log' it?
    If Runkeeper uses GPS, then it'll need a data connection. I use Cardio Trainer and while it will sort of work without a GPS connection, it's not accurate. A 3 mile run can be off by as much as a mile. The GPS on my last phone stopped functioning so I know this from first hand experience. That phone at least had a data connection and was using cell tower triangulation for location purposes. Without even that, I don't think it would work properly at all.

Not sure I understand why Runkeeper would *need* Internet to keep track of GPS? I mean, I understand that I would not be seeing any map data WHILE I was running, but GPS data being captured would not need an internet connection, right? That's why I ask if Runkeeper is able to work without an internet connection, because I know that it *should* be possible, depending upon how the app was written....
    If you had a dedicated GPS device, no, but every phone I've had with GPS is entirely dependent on a data connection to make the GPS work. Poor phone signal = poor or no GPS data. I've gone hiking in the mountains multiple times where there is no phone coverage and I couldn't get a GPS signal there. I definitely had a very clear view of the sky at the time. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's been my experience.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    5k runner is a free c25k one that is good. a couple of glitches i noticed but nothing that interferes.

and i like 100 push ups. i think there is also 100 squats and 100 lunges. not sure. :)
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper - for tracking my runs and calories burned on other gym equipment
    Gym Buddy - For tracking my reps and timing weight-workouts
    Nike Training Club - For indoor exercises when I can't leave the house. (Love this one)
    MFP - Obviously, for food choices when out and calorie counting.
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Other then MFP, I've been using "Couch to 5k" to try to get back into running. I just finished week 3, day 1, and I can already feel the difference in my running skills.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper and Endomondo but I prefer Endomondo
    Why? Just wondering if I should check out Endomondo. Does it track elevation? That's my one complaint about runkeeper.

Yes. Do it, try it out and see! It's really great.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Nike Training App...totally free and it will WORK YOU OUT....you don't need any equipment but it does incorporate things like handweights and medicine balls if you have them...you can also listen to your itunes while running it - I set mine up on my speaker dock and go to town
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    i use jefit to log my strength training, HIIT Interval Timer and Runkeeper oh and of course MFP lol

I love them all and use them all a lot. Runkeeper does log elevation, it shows it as a bar chart thingy on the app
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I found GAIN fitness free for my Ipod Touch. Love it!