100 Miles in December

Options
Anyone interested in a 100 miles in December challenge!?!?!

You can complete the miles anyway you would like...
Running
Walking
Cycling
Eliptical
Rowing
Tracking steps while Christmas shopping/cleaning/cooking (1000 steps = 1 mile)
However you move!!

This is the hardest time of year to find time to exercise, but as a group we can do it!! Let's start out the new year with a bang!!

Just post the date, distance, and activity. I'll tally up how far we go and post the total.

Hope you can join!! Happy Holidays!!

:happy:

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm really thinking about it. It would mean 4 challenges, but I need to always be doing something. Wondering if Step Aerobics would count? I do it at least 3 to 4 times a week.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm in with a twist. I will only count my running miles if that's ok :)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am in.
  • pMalak
    pMalak Posts: 41
    Options
    I am in... Tried to do 125 in November but got injured and only did 72 so far...

But I will do it in December... Will have lots of free time so COUNT ME IN!!!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I would love to give it a shot. I'm doing one that includes 15 miles per week, so I think I could just up that.
  • wisgal77
    wisgal77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you counted how many steps you took in 30 seconds and multiplied that times how long you worked out, that would be a good estimate on how many steps you take per workout.
  • MomOfECS
    Options
    Count me in :smile:
  • KatherineVictoria
    Options
    I would really love to do this, so trying can't hurt! :) Busy work month but I do a lot of walking there so I'll just put my pedometer on! We can do this!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm in, this is gonna be great!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Alright I'm in. My hubby is going to have a cow!
  • wisgal77
    wisgal77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It averages out to be approx 3.23 miles a day. I hope I can sustain.
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Didn't think I could do it because I walk inside my house because my hands can't take the cold. But mistresseyore was kind enough to remind me about the wonderful device called a pedometer!
  • megansmom311
    Options
    Sounds fun! I'll give it a try. :smile:
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Does it start now or on the first? Just making sure.

My name is Simone.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    This is just what I was looking for! I was going to run my own challenge, but I know I won't have time to manage it, so...

I'm in... will be tracking/logging my swim, bike, and run miles.
  • mom2pne
    Options
    What is "Team Pink" if you don't mind me asking? I've been seeing it quite a bit on here.
  • bmusic86
    Options
    I'm in
  • atashap
    Options
    Im in... I havent stuck to any challenges in a good while but I am short for time and getting desperate. Plus challenges such as these are the only ones I been able to hang with in the past. good luck everyone.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    im in too....walking on the treadmill is about the only exercise i can get myself to do when its cold out!
  • mom2pne
    Options
    im in too....walking on the treadmill is about the only exercise i can get myself to do when its cold out!

Me, too! But I must say Sunday I went for a 2 mile walk outside and it was only 36 degrees here.