Our old selves

Options
Sometimes I wish I could morph back into my old self, just for a second so I could really remember how I felt and looked, so that when I morph into my new self, I could really see the progress I have made.

I mean, I definitely feel the difference and my clothes fit so much better, but sometimes its hard to remember exactly how I felt and looked then. I can't really go by pictures, my pictures are weird. Depending on the light and angle, there are some pre-weightloss pics where I look great, and I am sure I could take a picture today in which I look like a whale. Its so hit or miss.

I am wishing though that I had taken progress pics along the way. Someone here said they take pics like every 10 pounds and they wear the same outfit for each pic so you can see how much better you look each pic. I guess I could start today, I have only lost half the weight that I want to lose, so pics from here on out would still be useful I guess.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I could morph back into my old self, just for a second so I could really remember how I felt and looked, so that when I morph into my new self, I could really see the progress I have made.

I mean, I definitely feel the difference and my clothes fit so much better, but sometimes its hard to remember exactly how I felt and looked then. I can't really go by pictures, my pictures are weird. Depending on the light and angle, there are some pre-weightloss pics where I look great, and I am sure I could take a picture today in which I look like a whale. Its so hit or miss.

I am wishing though that I had taken progress pics along the way. Someone here said they take pics like every 10 pounds and they wear the same outfit for each pic so you can see how much better you look each pic. I guess I could start today, I have only lost half the weight that I want to lose, so pics from here on out would still be useful I guess.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about feeling like you want to compare how you felt then to how you feel now. When I was heavier, I never really felt bad - my knees didn't hurt, I didn't feel bloated... the only thing I noticed was that I got winded easily, but I blamed that on smoking.

But now, I feel great! I have lots of energy, I have loads more self-confidence. So I think in some weird way, I would like to go back in time to see how much of a change there has been.

But, I'm waaaay too happy with this body to ever go back! :wink:
  • Summarain
    Options
    I think we all will appreciate our bodies more when we have gained the weight and worked hard to get it off.

When you are skinny/er you can often take it for granted and eat whatever you want, especially if you are younger. So you develop the habit of eating what you like w/out paying the consequences refusing to see how fat crept up on you....now that we realize how out of control its gotten and we are doing something about it makes it all the better when we finally lose the weight we'll be determined and know what mistakes not to make in order to stay thin.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying but.... me personally.... I never Ever EVER want to be my old self again. not even for a moment just to remember. :laugh: I spent long enough as that girl. Just know that you look fabulous. hey, start taking progress pics NOW. no harm starting late :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    NO WAY would I want to go back to my old self, not even for a minute! Believe me, I REMEMBER just how depressed I was, and how awful I looked! And there's a few pics in my profile that are reminder enough for me!
    I NEVER, EVER want to go back to where I was a year ago!
    It is sooooooo much better to wake up every day LOVING life, smiling throughout each and every day, and going to bed every night feeling great about how my life has completely changed for the better!
    I hope every member at MFP can have that same feeling! :smile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I have been doing weekly pictures.....same poses......honestly its not all that great......I see small changes....but we will see in another 50 pounds....hang in there you will SEE the difference.

GO GREEN
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I would love to spend a day in my old self to reflect and feel like I've accomplished something. 95% of the time I don't realize what a change I've made. I feel bad for the old me. I was so creative, well, still am, but I was creative, adventerous, and I felt like I had a lot to offer, but nobody could appreciate those qualities in me because I was so obese. I think it really put a damper on how I veiw people & how cruel the world can be. But, on a lighter note, yes, I would strap 110lbs back on me in a second, but only for a day! haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!