Been using this site for a while, time to say hello

Options
I've been using MFP for almost a year now. In the past 3 months I just started to get serious and dropped my calorie intake to the bare minimum. I am a mid-20's young lady. I am very tall with a broad frame so being at 150 is underweight for me. I mention that cause it seems like 150 is overweight for a lot of women. I started out at 230 and want to get down to 160 or 150, depending on how I feel when I get down there.

I was pretty complacent with my weight, more lazy than anything and didn't want to give up eating. But then I noticed that I was always over stuffed at the end of meals and felt myself getting fatter. So I started eating less and working out more. I also started realizing the body I want to have. I do want to just vaguely lose weight and get thin again, but I want to tone up as well. Get myself some nice strong arms. I have dropped 15 lbs so far and am currently stuck in a plateau (the holidays aren't helping). I guess its time to buckle down again.

Replies

• thirdtime
    Options
    Hi! Wish you best of luck!
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you!

I am very tall too, so I understand the 150 benchmark. I'd be underweight at that too.

Shoot for a healthy BMI first ... no worries about numbers and tiny girls.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your Journey!! I am tall also & shooting for 155 lbs and won't go lower until I see how I feel. Workout, eat good and welcome to a healthy life.
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice of you to introduce yourself =] I am also very tall, have you checked out the Totally Tall Women of MFP yet? They are awesome.
  • getnskinny64
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I've been using the site for about 7 months and don't think I've ever made any comments either. After Thanksgiving I have gained 4 lbs. but not stressing over it. I know I can get back on track! The hard thing for me is when I can't get my exercise in. I walk betweek 3-10 miles a day EXCEPT when it rains. Well, when it is a warm rain I will even venture out. I just can't stand to be cold AND wet. Today I did make myself go, but got in the shower right away otherwise I would have curled up on the couch under a blankie for the rest of the day! I have also been unemployed (unwillingly) since July so if I don't get out and do my walking, I will turn into a couch potato!

I am not tall, but I don't agree with the wt chart I have seen for me. I'm 47, 5'4" and some charts go as low as 115 for me. In talking to the Dr. we agreed that 135-140 would be a good place for me. To date I have lost 70 lbs and feel so much better now.

I have not been tracking my food lately so I'm starting back up today so thought I would follow your lead and make some noise here! :flowerforyou:

Good luck!