Exercising help?

Options
Im 18 years old, and weigh about 300 lbs :/ I need to lose weight ASAP! Anyone know what I can do to get started?

Replies

• tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Start using MFP!!! Get yourself a heart rate monitor watch, start exercising and tracking your food!!! Good luck!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think walking is a great way to start! Anyone can do it. You don't need any special equipment. You can start slow with short distances. As you become more fit, walk faster, add hills, go for longer or carry a weighted pack.
  • gymjimdandy
    Options
    Do lots of low impact cardio to get started until your joints get used to the exercise. Leslie Sansone has some great walking videos for that. Get a good gym membership, if there if a Planet Fitness in your area join, it is not expensive and it is not a "muscle head" gym. Concentrate on portioning your meals, eat lots of fruit and vegetables instead of lots of carbs. make sure your carbs are complex carbs (whole grains,etc.) and not simple carbs (potatoes, snacks, etc.) Avoid ALL processed sugars, only allow natural sugars (as in fruit and vegetables) in your diet, and watch portion size. Five very small meals is the way to go!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    No idea your food or exercise habits now, but for starting - a good suggestion is to clean up the eating, log it all, and start moving. Walking, stretching, yoga, etc. Whatever you enjoy doing, is what you are going to be able to stick with :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think walking is a great way to start! Anyone can do it. You don't need any special equipment. You can start slow with short distances. As you become more fit, walk faster, add hills, go for longer or carry a weighted pack.

Yes! Low impact and you can go at your own pace.

Also, if you have easy access to a pool, swim, swim, swim!