Weightcare in Toronto

Options
I know the chances are slim, but has anyone in Toronto Ontario been to the Weightcare clinic? I'm thinking of going but wondering if they rope you into spending a fortune!

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I haven't been, but I can almost guarantee that they will try to get you to spend money. It's a business, after all.
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't mind spending money. I just don't want to go and pay my $ then 3 months later they hit me up for more. I like the approach they have - its visits with a doctor, dietician, and psychologist. You can add a trainer if you like but I already have one.
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Well, go for a consultation and see what the fee structure is. You can always walk away. Just don't sign anything. :wink:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    They should be up front with the cost at your initial consultation. I've never heard of it, but I just looked it up (I'm also in Toronto). It claims to be covered under OHIP, but then it gives a price quote, so I'm not sure what about it is actually covered. Also, if you have extended health care benefits through insurance, then that might cover some of the additional costs. It looks interesting though!
  • Contrarian
    Options
    They should be up front with the cost at your initial consultation. I've never heard of it, but I just looked it up (I'm also in Toronto). It claims to be covered under OHIP, but then it gives a price quote, so I'm not sure what about it is actually covered. Also, if you have extended health care benefits through insurance, then that might cover some of the additional costs. It looks interesting though!

I think the assessment is covered. The treatment is not.
  • merflan
    Options
    Yes the assessment is covered by OHIP. I think I'm going to go for an assessment. I know what I need to do - I just don't always follow through. I'm thinking maybe the psychotherapist portion could help lol
  • merflan
    Options
    Yes the assessment is covered by OHIP. I think I'm going to go for an assessment. I know what I need to do - I just don't always follow through. I'm thinking maybe the psychotherapist portion could help lol
  • merflan
    Options