ChaLEAN Extreme Question

Options
Hey guys,
I just received ChaLEAN Extreme, can't wait ti try it, however I have a couple questions:
1. From the DVD set it looks like it's a ton of weight training... is there any good solid cardio videos too? How many videos?
2. How long do the cardio videos usually last? How would you describe the intensity?
3. Is the cardio and weight training mixed into one video or seperate videos?

Thank you for all your help!

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I'm interested in seeing the replies!
  • candj2009
    candj2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The Burn it Off DVD is a Cardio DVD.......She mixes some cardio in with the others but it isn't a lot of cardio. I'm doing the Turbofire/Chalean Extreme Hybrid schedule.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Do you have the guide books? It's all explained in there. In brief, there are 3 weight training workouts for each week, one total cardio workout, one interval workout and one stretch workout and one Ab workout. There are additional workouts if you got the deluxe package. Did you buy it from Beachbody? If not, you may not have all of the info that comes with it. The longest workout is 45 minutes. Most are 30 minutes and one us only 15 minutes long.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    There are 3 cardio workouts. One is boring ("Burn it Off"). The other two are interval workouts (One for Burn and Push phases, one for the Lean phases, but you can do them any time really). The cardio dvds range from 35-45 minutes.

The intervals are as tough as you make them, just as the strength dvds are. They are short intervals (2-3 minutes) of intense cardio, followed by short intervals (2-3 minutes) of light weights (focusing on muscle endurance rather than actual strength training). She calls the weight periods “recovery”, which is a lie. If you push yourself during the cardio interval, the weight intervals are not easy when your HR is so high. I enjoy both interval dvds, but I do combine the strength training with TurboFire, which is better cardio, imo.

The cardio and strength training videos are separate.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!