flavored water good for you

Options
dga226
dga226 Posts: 224 Member
I can not drink plain water i need flavored water I get mine from walmart and taste great. Plus they have it in 2 liters. Is flavored water good for you? message me or chat on here

dave

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's fine.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's only good for you if it does not have chemicals in it. You can also make your own with fresh citrus fruit in water.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's only good for you if it does not have chemicals in it. You can also make your own with fresh citrus fruit in water.

^^this! It also tastes better than anything you can buy with artificial flavoring. Also, this may sound strange but sometimes I do it! I add mint leaves to my water with just a dash of cocoa baking powder! (stir it of course.) It is so refreshing, like mint chocolate.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    It depends. Vitamin Water = sugar water. May as well drink Kool Aid. If you add a splash of 100% fruit juice to plain water, then yes, I'd say count it.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    well the water i use when yhou open it up it fizzes like soda. My wife says its not good for me.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Carbonated? Read the nutrition facts. Changes are its sweetened artificially.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's fine. Your body needs hydration, but it's very capable of getting it from foods, and liquids even if they aren't pure h2o. (H20 is a chemical too, btw)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    well the water i use when yhou open it up it fizzes like soda. My wife says its not good for me.

What are the ingredients?
  • joliejolie123456
    Options
    check the sugar content. I recently bought a bottle of flavoured water and it contained alot of added sugar and it had quite alot of cals per 250ml. Nothing too excessive but maybe something to watch out for if your drinking 8-10 glasses of the stuff every day. I hate the taste of plain water too so i use a dash of sugar free/ no added sugar cordial instead. Only has about 2 cals per 250ml.

Enjoy! :)
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    if you really want to flavor your water I would either choose to add limes, lemons, oranges to plain water - or worse case scenerio use something like crystal light or Mio - they both are adding chemicals but low calories and no added sugas as some of the flavored water will have. I will occassionally use Mio - but I barter with myself - I have to drink 6 glasses of plain water before i can have a container with Mio added.

I know it can be hard to get water in - but it is very important to try and get as much pure water as you can. I have a 3 cup Camelback container with a sip spout - I find I can force myself to drink more by sucking through a straw or a sip spout vs having a glass of water...