just an observation about cheesecake

Options
i got this packaged slice of cheesecake from the campus grocery. It's Eli's strawberry swirl and its about half the size of a normal slice of cheesecake... but its 250 calories:grumble:

this led me to a train of thought.... if that dinky thing is 250 calories, how many calories are the slices from the cheesecake factory, which are about three times the size! plus they all have chocolate and peanut butter and all of that yummy stuff.

so pretty much every time i've had cheesecake, i've been putting away at least 500 calories!!!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i got this packaged slice of cheesecake from the campus grocery. It's Eli's strawberry swirl and its about half the size of a normal slice of cheesecake... but its 250 calories:grumble:

this led me to a train of thought.... if that dinky thing is 250 calories, how many calories are the slices from the cheesecake factory, which are about three times the size! plus they all have chocolate and peanut butter and all of that yummy stuff.

so pretty much every time i've had cheesecake, i've been putting away at least 500 calories!!!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I think EVERYTHING at the Cheesecake Factory is gianormous!!!! Their servings are absolutely ridiculous, and unfortunately very yummy. I stay as far away from them as I can right now!!! :laugh:
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    I love cheesecake. That has to be one of my favorite desserts! Alog with a good warm fudgy brownie topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and topped with hot fudge!! As I have been getting closer and closer to my goal weight, I have been learning it is okay to indulge once in awhile, as long as you make up for it in the gym!!:wink:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thats one reason I hate eating out everything is supersized..when I do eat out I grab a doggie bag prior to eating.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have two:laugh: . I love cheesecake I will never give it up!! I will walk the 3 hour it takes to burn it off. :laugh:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake factory is damn good! However, forget their calories. Way too many. Even half a cheesecake slice there is deadly. Hahaha. :laugh:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Actually I passed up a normal sized piece of cheesecake that was just plain and that was around 450 to 500, so with the cheesecake factories huge size plus all the extras on it, I would be surprised if it were any less than 900 calories.

We ate there when we went to chicago, I had the BEST meal. A great glass of wine, an awesome chicken and pasta meal and a piece of cheesecake. We did take the cheesecake back to the hotel with us and ate it later, but I still felt sick and full halfway through. What did I do? I kept eating it. And the crazy thing is, I didn't even like the one I got so much, but I ate the whole thing and felt sick all weekend anyway. But mmm, I'd still have to say it was all worth it :bigsmile:
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This may help curb your appetite. I found a link for one of the Cheesecake Factory prepackage options:
    Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake.

http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/cheesecake-factory-chocolate-mousse-cheesecake-10-inch-pre-packaged-43108.htm

Highlight : 11gs of protein